Samsun Pwr supply repair bad bn44-00264a board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsun Pwr supply repair bad bn44-00264a board

my samsung tv just quit working and i believe it's a similar problem discussed here. i've read several threads on it it looks i have several option. replace the board, replace several components on a kit from jimmyshop, or trouble shoot and replace specific components that failed.

i have the samsung ln40b630n1fxza that i believe has a bad componets the bn44-00264a board.

has anyone out there had much success with the kit option. it seems to be the best for a rookie like .

Re: Samsun Pwr supply repair bad bn44-00264a board

Shopjimmy appears to offer you a comprehensive repair kit plus a video to guide you through the repair. I suppose it would depend on how well you use a soldering iron.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

not much experience soldering on boards and the like. But, i just noticed that i can buy the same tv i have at best for 270. i thinking i'll order the kit, buy another tv and learn with this tv.

Has there been much success with the kit. my tv blows the250v/3.15a fuse everytime it's powered.

Comment

Hi, I don't know. I'm not familiar with the set. You would have to be pretty good with a soldering iron after watching the video. However if you take your time and be patience it could be done by a reasonably handy person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo76YMDQCb8
        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

yes i agree. i've watched the video and it seems easy enough except i don't have one of those nifty hot air guns to remove pieces. we'll see. i just ordered the kit and i'll either succeed and have 2 40' tv's or failed and have 1 tv and more stuff to learn plating with old tv. i have alot to learn with troubleshooting in this area. i'm a chemist by training but love to dabble in complex stuff like electronics. either way i win

thanks for replying.

this site is great. so much stuff to learn

Comment

FYI, I just tried the Shopjimmy kit on my power supply board. The same FETs blew out along with the 3.1 amp fuse again. I have not been able to find any other bad parts that are obviously causing this board to fail. I plan to continue troubleshooting it since replacement boards online are too expensive.

Comment

Working...
            X