X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony CECH-ZED1U Playstation 3D LED TV - Two Red Flash

Hi
    Good job ,
    The chip don't damage if use the heat gun with medium air flow ,temp350c to 420c ,nozzle diameter 0.3 to 0.8 mm ,flux ,tweezers to pick the ic , try with old mother board the same size or different size .
    need programmer support MX25l6406E EXACTLLY (chip ID C2 20 17 ),before read the chip clean it by Alcohols to make sure attache all pins on SOP socket (adaptor sop to dip 8pin SMD ) and put it on programmer read the instruction when select the chip number ,press read wait till finished
    very important read the (check sum) when verifying many times should be the same check sum that's mean the continents of chip the same buffer , then save the bin file suggest name 25l6406e_sony_check sum or any same refer to device .
    when solder the chip remove the extra old solder on the board by wick then put flux use iron medium tip when finish clean the area if you have flux removal .
    I tried to upload the bin file but my set when read it fail gave me FF FF blank or damage
    If you need any help you welcome
    good luck

QUOTE=justme06;407731]Hmm. Still no posters of the bin file? I have a programmer coming next week, and know of where I could possibly borrow a hardly used and still working unit if nothing appears by then.

I do a fair bit of computer repair (jacks, connectors, caps ect,) but haven't yet desoldered a chip that I hope to have still have working after. Normally I help program software instead of hardware...

I am worried of frying the working eeprom when taking it out. (Only have one shot) Any tips? I am assuming I couldn't properly read it with jumpers while still on the board.
    It does not look like the eeprom is in pin holes so little chance of the board lifting I think.
    My soldering gun is selectable for 2 wattages.

When I pop it out I will post what I get. I am a little annoyed at Sony at this time. I missed warranty by a day and a half because couldn't get through call center on boxing day! There is a posting on the TV's FAQ sony usa site that now admits this as a known problem and says to send it in for repair - if under warranty.

Will be more than happy to contribute what I can to a shared fix [/QUOTE]

Comment

Hi. So it looks like I am out of giving help I just finished making a heat shield with layers of foil using the heat gun set a 430 to heat up the solder. Unfortunately I totaled the board on my non-good monitor as when I lifted the chip, the trace went too. The practice scrap cd drive board went so much better.

There is no place online I found where I could buy a new/used board. Everywhere is out of stock.

Ironically I noticed that a person from ontario is now also offering the monitor repair in canada. Also Shop Jimmy just started selling programmed chips so I could have just used my soldering gun and removed the chip like I normally do when not wishing to save it (I was practicing with the heat gun for saving the good chip)

After destroying beyond repair the board of my to-be-repaired monitor, I cant justify dissembling my family member's monitor as that may not survive either.

However for those still looking to fix, the programmed chip option seems like a plausible idea. Or who knows maybe someone else will be able to post a working bin from a working chip.

As for me I think it is truly to the scrap for mine... or it might hang around for a while to see if i could ever find a board.

Comment

Has anyone tried the ready to use programmed chip from shopjimmy ???
        If so then please share the results.

Thanks.

Comment

How much is the "programmed Chip" at ShopJimmy?

I do not see it on their website , I only see the board itself.

Do you have a part number to order the IC/chip programmed form ShopJimmy?

Appreciate your help

Mikercana1

Comment

Here are the two links:
            http://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-cech-z...eprom-only.htm

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-cech-z...eprom-only.htm

Note that there are two versions of board.

Comment

Man, $35 for an EEPROM/flash chip... what a rip!! Hopefully someone gets the BIN file for these, they are about $2 each plus take maybe a minute to program!
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                Man, $35 for an EEPROM/flash chip... what a rip!! Hopefully someone gets the BIN file for these, they are about $2 each plus take maybe a minute to program!
                $35 is still cheaper than the ebay repair service, and it actually takes me 3 minutes to program an eeprom, that's including the "verifying the device with the buffer" step.

Comment

I (or someone else) really should try out reading/writing flash chips. Then just do a how-to on how to do it. Like, I'm not sure what sort of file you'd have, different page/word sizes, different communication protocols, etc...
                  Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

I just found those eeprom on Ebay.
                    Does anybody know who is selling them on ebay and I would like to make sure that they are legit eeprom pre-programmed and not a scam artist selling eeprom not programmed for $37.99.

Anyone wants to give us some feed back please.

I wanted to order them from ShopJimmy but they only ship to Canada via UPS and I refuse to pay $49.00 shipping cost and then possibly get stucked with huge brokerage fees in order to get them here.
                    I once ordered a $20.00 electronic item that ended cost me $39.00 UPS shipping cost and $47.00 UPS brokerage fees, I could ahve bought same item in Canada for $79.99 .

So from now on cross border, I refuse to do business with a shipper that use UPS>

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-CECH-ZE...item3f2f201e1e

If that's the one you're talking about then ShopJimmy is selling them. It says their name in the seller information and also has their information in the description.

Originally posted by Mikercana1 View Post
                      I just found those eeprom on Ebay.
                      Does anybody know who is selling them on ebay and I would like to make sure that they are legit eeprom pre-programmed and not a scam artist selling eeprom not programmed for $37.99.

Anyone wants to give us some feed back please.

I wanted to order them from ShopJimmy but they only ship to Canada via UPS and I refuse to pay $49.00 shipping cost and then possibly get stucked with huge brokerage fees in order to get them here.
                      I once ordered a $20.00 electronic item that ended cost me $39.00 UPS shipping cost and $47.00 UPS brokerage fees, I could ahve bought same item in Canada for $79.99 .

So from now on cross border, I refuse to do business with a shipper that use UPS>

Comment

Ok, I am new here but I am glad I found this thread. I am having issues with my Playstation Display. Here's the thing that is not obvious to me, but it seems everyone has succeed in. How the hell do you remove the back cover? I have removed all the screws that I can see and the back cover doesn't seem to want to come off. Can some one show me if there are any latches? I don't want to force it open and snap something.

Comment

There are plastic latches/clips that hold it in place, you have to use a little force to separate the back cover after all the screws are out. It almost sounds like you're breaking it when you do this.

Originally posted by staxx View Post
                          Ok, I am new here but I am glad I found this thread. I am having issues with my Playstation Display. Here's the thing that is not obvious to me, but it seems everyone has succeed in. How the hell do you remove the back cover? I have removed all the screws that I can see and the back cover doesn't seem to want to come off. Can some one show me if there are any latches? I don't want to force it open and snap something.

Comment

Any Update ?
                            Did anybody tried installing the flash chip ?

Comment

Foil and a heat gun?! Guys, that's not wise. If you don't have the proper tools, don't try and do this repair yourself. You're just going to end up writing off a particularly nice display (eeprom problems aside).

A couple of people have reached out to me, asking to post the bin. As I mentioned before, it's Sony code and posting it in the forums would very likely tick off the moderators.

Comment

Mckitrick, if you do not want to post it here, PM me and I can host it elsewhere: then it is my problem if Sony complain.
                                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

@Mckitrick:
                                  I'm glad you found the cause of the problem, but since I'm gonna have to change the EEPROM chip, I think I'm gonna order one from ShopJimmy. I don't have a programmer neither a new chip, so buying those two just for one unit would be too expensive here in Brazil.

Comment

Who knows what exactly of chip is on MB MX25L6406E or MX25L6408E ?

Comment

Originally posted by kornwood View Post
                                      ok so i got a responce from 2 of the ebay sellers
                                      one was kind enough to tell me the issue is with the eeprom chip
                                      i asked for the bin he said they dont have it anymore
                                      maybe but anyway he told me what they did was buy a repaired one and copied it heres what i want to do
                                      ill put 30 $ towards getting one of my boards repaired
                                      and take what ever donations i can get towards the rest
                                      then thise that helped will be the first ones to get a copy of the bin
                                      marwoodjoseph@gmail.com
                                      is the paypal you can donate to and help out thanks
                                      朋友希望可以帮助到你 附件是好的固件,来自中国的问候
                                      Attached Files

Comment

在5v与POWER_on/off 之间加一个开关 可以看到12v 24v 输出!
                                        电源没有12v 24v 主要检查NCP1608和附近的电阻 电容 加焊试试! ^_^
                                        Last edited by zhaojun297; 02-14-2014, 12:15 AM.

Comment

这是修改过的照片 仅供参考
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X