Clear All

Re: Sony CECH-ZED1U Playstation 3D LED TV - Two Red Flash

Both of Mine has the white dot looks like white out
    BUt found the blackcat tried using a nice clip but still
    Get not supported had that issue before wirh a sb5101u
    And had to solder to the chip ill try again in a bit

Comment

tom66 is correct. An EEPROM is used for config settings and other flag based parameters usually. This is due to the fact that EEPROMs are usually slow speed and are meant to grab a couple bytes here and there, not to read tons of start-time code to boot the TV up. However everyone is correct in stating that a corrupt EEPROM could prevent the TV from completing it's turn on. For example, the configuration for "Turning the TV on when receiving an HDMI signal" is most likely stored in the EEPROM. If the EEPROM was corrupt, when you went to turn the TV on it would look to see what that setting was last set at, not find it, and essentially "crash".

All speculation of course. I hope I get some time here to tear my warranty replaced one apart and check it out for you guys. Work is killing me the last couple days.

Comment

The monitor I have belongs to a very long time friend. I will likely (not charge) him for diagnosing it because he does a lot of things to help me out as well. My goal is to determine why it does what it does, pay attention to what goes on in other sets and connect the dots. So far, I see a correlation between this device and what is transpiring in the Vizio sets. The only way I was able to determine what happened in the Vizio sets is to swap eeproms with known working ones off similar models. The result was a tv that came on and as mentioned before, might have had an inverted picture because the eeprom wasn't an exact match but, it did show me where the problem existed. Boards are expensive, I get really tired of shelling out good money for something I'm capable of resolving. It especially ticks me off when the company that built it; hides the truth.

Comment

So removed chip and still not recognized made sure blackcat
          Still works read a identical chip from a vizio so apears
          The chip is dead will test 2nd 3t tv tomorrow if this is the case we will need a working bin to flash to a new chip I have several donor chips to test if any one gets a working sets bin thanks

Comment

Well im abiut to set up and try to read the second tv I plugged I the first one
            With the spi chip removed and it has the same original issue

Comment

I too, tried to see the reaction of the set without the eeprom and it does the exact same symptoms so there is no doubt really, that we are looking at replacing eeproms on these. Just need someone to take the initiative to burn and sell em. If someone decides to do so, please pm me with information to purchase. Thank You!

Comment

my blackcat is supposed to be compatible but using the latest flashcat software i still get unsupported everytime i connect it
                i know my programmer works i ordered some blank chips to see if i can access them maybe these chips are internaly dead

Comment

Originally posted by arunningpir8 View Post
                  hope I get some time here to tear my warranty replaced one apart and check it out for you guys.
                  Even moreso now given the results we are seeing (chips are not reading at all), it seems like this would be a great help to the effort if you could find some time to do it. It seems like everyone that has one of these sets has a broken one

Comment

I just joined for this very problem, im very new to tv's was wondering if someone ever found a fix for this ? sorry to bump assuming still able to post being not closed by moderation and seems unsolved. I personally can not afford a repair service and incapable of affording a new one any help would be so gladly appreciated if anyone would like to pm or respond to this thread? Also would this be a main board issue or a power issue ? the 2 beeps i assume means regulation failor ? or i am mistaken ?
                    Last edited by Himura; 06-26-2013, 07:29 PM.

Comment

i have one of these also with same problem. what I have found is that I can get it to run again for a little while if i play with the power cable in the back of the monitor and get it to arc or make a clicking sound. Not sure why this works but everytime I play with the power cable and it clicks then next time i turn it on it works for a while. I am really hoping to find out what is wrong and try to fix it myself. Just wanted to ad this to the discussion in case it sheds some light on something else.

Comment

Ok so I got a responce from 2 of the ebay sellers
                        One was kind enough to tell me the issue is with the eeprom chip
                        I asked for the bin he said they dont have it anymore
                        Maybe but anyway he told me what they did was buy a repaired one and copied it heres what I want to do
                        Ill put 30 $ towards getting one of my boards repaired
                        And take what ever donations I can get towards the rest
                        Then thise that helped will be the first ones to get a copy of the bin
                        marwoodjoseph@gmail.com
                        Is the paypal you can donate to and help out thanks

Comment

So it looks like it really was the EEPROM then huh. Well that's awesome news! Since I am super lazy anyone want to tell me if I can read the chip with SPI or something common? I have a couple programmers at home and if I have one I can read with I can provide a bin. It'd be nice to have a backup when/if my set fails again.

Someone do the hard work for me and I'll see what I can do about providing a bin :P

Comment

kornwood, you may want to ask the moderators first before soliciting donations for your own projects.
                            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by kornwood View Post
                              Ok so I got a responce from 2 of the ebay sellers
                              One was kind enough to tell me the issue is with the eeprom chip
                              I asked for the bin he said they dont have it anymore
                              Maybe but anyway he told me what they did was buy a repaired one and copied it heres what I want to do
                              Ill put 30 $ towards getting one of my boards repaired
                              And take what ever donations I can get towards the rest
                              Then thise that helped will be the first ones to get a copy of the bin
                              marwoodjoseph@gmail.com
                              Is the paypal you can donate to and help out thanks
                              I just donated $15 to your paypal account: I'd be DELIGHTED to have a replacement eeprom that make my display functional once again!

Comment

que saben porfin del tv sony ps3

Comment

Any Update from anybody ?
                                  My display died after a couple of months...

Does anyone has a valid .bin file or can anybody confirm if its really an EEPROM issue ?

Comment

No one has a copy of it and yes it has been confirmed
                                    By several vendors that the firmware gets corrupted
                                    Several testers cant read the chip after the corruption

Comment

That's very sad that nobody has a copy
                                      Will unplugging it for a couple of months will work, as it worked for few.

Any suggestion what should I do next ???

Comment

Originally posted by snehal View Post
                                        That's very sad that nobody has a copy
                                        Will unplugging it for a couple of months will work, as it worked for few.

Any suggestion what should I do next ???
                                        There are people on ebay that will repair your motherboard. I didn't have any luck waiting a month and getting it to work like some others did here, so I just had it repaired. Been working great ever since.

Comment

hello, i´m from mexico and i got same problem with this led tv, this problem for me is SPI MEMORY, this memory have the firmware bad, i would like to get this firmware and install on this main board, i hope you understand my english best regards aroon68@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X