Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Aspire 5920G Will Not Turn On

Hi all,

Ive been asked to look at this aspire 5920G because it had some software issues. When i have come to work on it, it will not turn on whatsoever.

The charge light comes on and the power light on the ac adapter is a steady green.

I have removed the battery and ac adapter and left it to discharge for a period and still no joy.

I have since tried a different ac adapter, i have checked for shorts on pc118 and pc112 just in case. All items have been removed and reseated.

I have tested the switch and i get 3.3v and the switch behaves as it should.

Hopefully someone is able to assist with this. Any help provided is greatly appreciated!

Re: Acer Aspire 5920G Will Not Turn On

Check for the basic pwm 5 and 3 volts.
    The schematics for that motherboard is here:
    http://www.4shared.com/document/x1ZU...1_-_REV_E.html

Comment

Thanks for your help, one question though, is this referenced as +5VPCU and +3VPCU on the schematic??

Comment

Reball the GPU. There's nothing else wrong with it, it's the classic nVidia GPU failure.
        Originally posted by PeteS in CA
        Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
        A working TV? How boring!

Comment

im 99% certain that this particular model uses the intel gma graphics. the mxm slot is missing. i havent got the unit with me as i am at home but i will double check this in the morning. thanks

Comment

The G in the suffix usually indicates discrete graphics.
            Originally posted by PeteS in CA
            Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
            A working TV? How boring!

Comment

i'll try a reflow first thing, if it shows signs of life i will get it reballed. thanks again

Comment

Working...
              X