Acer Aspire 4520 Power Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Aspire 4520 Power Problem

i am check this model of acer and show only light of rechange and dont switch and some capacitors near procesor and be in shorty when put procesor when i take it of procesor no more in short so who can help about what to check ,i change procesor but again in short so what can be

Re: Acer Aspire 4520 Power Problem

so nobody can have idea

Comment

Your English is broken.

We do not understand you

try google translate

Comment

sorry for my english , my problem is this :I have an acer 4520 that kswitch the light of charging the battery but does not turn, made some measurements near the processor and condesator we found some short, but when you remove the processor are not in short

Comment

This is normal, not a problem with the CPU. You should check the PWM first.

Comment

what is to check who can give idea

Comment

You have nVidia chipset/integrated graphics. These often have problems with the solder breaking on the chip. Try reflowing the chipset and GPU and see if that fixes the problem.
              Google GPU reflow if you're not sure what I'm talking about.

Comment

and i know that nvidia problem but only rechange batery and dont power up

Comment

someone can help say what mosfet can be not ok

Comment

and i checked all motherboard and so short didnt find maybe is one of chip controller but i dont know who can be so if someone can give help

Comment

and so is to take this laptop for parts becouse for me nothing is in short and what mosfet have be with power dont know becouse dont have schematic of it

Comment

This laptop has nvidia mcp67 chipset ic which is conttroling switching function
                        so replace mcp67mv-a2 bga ic ... your problem will be solved

Originally posted by rodion View Post
                        i am check this model of acer and show only light of rechange and dont switch and some capacitors near procesor and be in shorty when put procesor when i take it of procesor no more in short so who can help about what to check ,i change procesor but again in short so what can be

Comment

Ya i am 100% sure it is the problem of nvidia MCP67MV-A2 ,just reflow it ,just reflow for temporary testing, until you reball, problem will occur again ,i know the problem laptop charging will be ok ,when you press power on key lights will lite for 1 second,s and turn of just reflow,
                          Bye

Comment

I have aspire 4520 laptop not powering up at all. I started checking from TPS51120 & found 5v & 3.3v are ok. Then checked SIO, on pressing power button it releases 3.3v from both RSMRST & S5_ON pins. Then I found fds8884 was short & replaced. Found power transistor short Q28 (2N7002E) was short & replaced it. But still no power. Please anybody help.

Comment

Working...
                            X