EC and PCH bios dump for CQ43-423TU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EC and PCH bios dump for CQ43-423TU

Guys need dump files for ec and pch bios of this laptop. Unit has no led on dc jack connector. I want to try bios first. thanks a lot

Board code: 020114c00-600-g
    part no: 646177-001

Re: EC and PCH bios dump for CQ43-423TU

Bios found on hp website is 2mb and 4mb. I've save stock bios file from chip and its only 512kb, don't have any idea where to get it. Or maybe I'm looking at the wrong chip?

Comment

Originally posted by lezsimply View Post
      Bios found on hp website is 2mb and 4mb. I've save stock bios file from chip and its only 512kb, don't have any idea where to get it. Or maybe I'm looking at the wrong chip?
      512 and 2/4 mb
      Thats the combo.
      The chips look the same. Only size its dif.
      You can see on bios programmer.
      Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

thanks but I don't understand what you meant. There's one bios file found on hp website. From that file I manage to extract 3 .fd files. Sizes are 2mb, 4mb and another 4mb. The stock file I have extracted from bios chip is only 512kb in size. I do not know where to get it. Does this 3 fd files need to be decoded or something? laptop got 2 bios chip one is 200mil for pch and another is 150mil for ec.

Comment

@lezsimply
          you got the wrong eeprom, sometim mb have 2 or even 3 eproms
          check the board again, eeprom usually near cmos bat

Information from hp
          To recover an earlier version of the BIOS on your hp notebook:
          1.Turn off the computer.
          2.Plug the notebook into power using the power adapter.
          3.Press and hold the Windows key and the B key down at the same time while the computer is off.
          4.Still pressing those keys, press and hold down the Power button on the notebook for 3 seconds and then release the Power button and the keys.
          The screen remains blank for about 40 seconds before anything appears on the display. You might also hear beeping sounds. Eventually, an HP BIOS Update screen displays.
          NOTE: If the computer fails to display an HP BIOS Update screen, press and hold the Power button for 5 seconds to turn off the computer. Wait 5 seconds and try again. If, after repeated attempts, you cannot open the HP BIOS Update screen, your computer does not support this function or it has a hardware problem that is preventing the tool from opening.
          Photo of HP BIOS Update screen showing a progress indicator
          5.When the BIOS has been recovered, a Continue Startup button displays and timer counts down. You can click Continue Startup to restart the computer or you can allow the timer to reach zero and the computer will restart automatically.
          Photo of HP BIOS Update screen showing a Continue Startup button
          6.After restoring the BIOS, if the computer repeatedly displays a message that the BIOS has been reset, then perform the steps in HP BIOS Application Selected is Corrupt or Missing .
          7.After restarting, Windows may display a message stating that the computer was improperly shut down or that a boot problem was detected. Read and respond to the screens to continue.
          Recovering the BIOS using an external storage device
          If the HP_TOOLS volume on your HDD has been deleted, a USB key with an HP_TOOLS volume can be used as an alternative. The key can be created manually or by using the HP UEFI BIOS Update SoftPAQ or the new HP UEFI Support Environment SoftPAQ and selecting the Create a USB key option. The USB key does not have to be bootable. However, this assumes the boot block is not corrupted in which case a repair is required.
          To recover the BIOS on your notebook using the USB key:
          1.Plug the notebook into an AC adapter.
          2.Insert the USB key with HP_Tools installed into an available USB port.
          3.Press the Power button while holding the Windows key and the B key.
          4.The emergency recovery feature replaces the BIOS with the version on the USB key. The computer reboots automatically when the process is completed successfully.
          You are now able to enter into the BIOS screens or Windows operating system after recovering the BIOS.
          Last edited by ala_borbe; 05-16-2014, 01:01 AM.
          Im Back... sort of...

Comment

Thanks ala. I'll attach the schematic I found, not sure if its the correct one but its very much the same. ON page 34, component ui2 ec spi rom is the one I'm trying to flash. Stock bios from it contains only 512kb file.

The one I have downloaded from hp website which is 4mb in size is probably for component us2 on page 23 of diagram. If I understand it correctly it pertains to PCH bios. correct me if I'm wrong guys.

So, I would think I was trying to flash the wrong chip? Thanks again
            Attached Files

Comment

Got newer problem, flashed ec bios with working one, it worked for a while then dc jack light suddenly turned off. re flashed bios again but not working anymore, I think I may have shorted something because my desk is a little dirty.

I noticed I've got 19v on pins 1,2,3 of component Q0906. On pin 4(gate) I've got only 9.08v and on pins 5,6,7,8 I got 0 volts and it stops there. No voltages across motherboard Tested and replaced Q0906 but still same problem.

Don't understand yet voltages on U0902 (connected to pin 4 (gate of Q0906) pins but here are the readings.

1= 0v
              2= 0v
              3= 9.08v
              4= 19v
              5= 17.88v
              6=17.88v

Hope someone helps thanks

Comment

Replaced q0906 and q0903. laptop now has power but no display. Search badcaps and came across dycc's thread. I used the ec bios file he uploaded and it worked! Thanks man

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...highlight=cq57

Comment

Working...
                X