Sharp LL-172C-B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LL-172C-B

I had not seen one of these on this Forum so I thought I would post about it.
    When I opened it up nothing appeared out of order. It had NCC KY Caps and also had C5707 transistors. It did not have any of the FU9024 fets like the BenQ/Dell 17" monitors have. This is also a 17" monitor.

On the Power/Inverter Board I replaced all of the KY caps mostly with KY's except for one Nichicon. I also took readings with my DMM on the 5707's two of them were out of whack on their readings compared to the other two. I replaced the two that looked bad. and put it back together. When I started it up it went 2 seconds to black. So I took it back apart and replaced the remaining two 5707's and fired it back up. This time it came straight to life and has been running now for about 30 minutes. Nowhere on the board did it say who made the board. It has a number 715L-1063-2-SH which I googled with no luck. One other interesting thing is that it has two small rectangular fuses near the AC connector that are listed as T2A 250v Double Pole Neutral Fuses. The last thing I did was to resolder the pins on the inverter transformers in case that was what made the 5707's short, similar to the BenQ's problems. Another item to note about this monitor is that it has a power switch on the front and one on the back of the monitor.

I took pictures of the top and bottom of the Power/Inverter Board also.
    Attached Files
    Have you ever stopped to think and then forget to start thinking again?

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Re: Sharp LL-172C-B

Sorry stated the wrong name for the caps. The originals were United Chemicon's as were most of the replacements.
    Have you ever stopped to think and then forget to start thinking again?

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Comment

Working...
    X