My philips 190X LCD monitor power on problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My philips 190X LCD monitor power on problem

Hello i have this monitor 19'' , 3 years and since last month there were problems to power on. I had to remove the power cable and the put it on again, repeating this process like 10 times and then monitor will power on.
    If i had to close the monitor then i would have to repeat again the same process in order to power on but it would take more time to do the trick.
    Yesterday there a was electricity problem in my flat, so the monitor go off, now it doesnt power on no matter what i do.
    Problem is that the green led light starts, i can see the blue Philips logo for 1 sec and then suddenly restart again.
    This loop happens for ever...1 sec power on,listen the "click" sound and then restart again... what should i do?
    Thank you.

Re: My philips 190X LCD monitor power on problem

Originally posted by spanakorizo View Post
    what should i do?
    Take it apart and look for possibly bad caps.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

yeah this i will do tommorow with my flatmate that he has the tools.
      How will i understand if there are damaged caps?
      is it possible to upload a photo and somebody help me?

Thank you

Comment

Yes, read retiredcaps' signature in the post above yours and reply here with your pictures. Click on the Go Advanced button and you'll see a more complex reply form which has a way for you to attach pictures to your comment.

Faulty capacitors or capacitors that are going out of spec usually have their tops swollen or cracked or there's some liquid/cream going out of them. But this doesn't happen all the time so in some rare cases you need to use digital multimeters or other kind of specialized devices to check if the components are still working right. Some capacitors from particular manufacturers are also known to fail without signs so the more experienced guys here can tell you if that's the case.

Just post clear pictures and we'll go from there.

Comment

is it possible to upload a photo and somebody help me?
          For best picture quality and clarity take your boards to a window on a sunny day, turn flash off, and use macro mode. Take a top down view of all your boards (front and back). Make sure the photo is legible so that we can read the PCB printing clearly. A shutter speed of 1/125 or faster will produce nice clear focused pictures. Try to get a photo that is 2000x2000 resolution or as close as possible.

Here is an example of the pictures we want.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...94&postcount=1
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

heeeeello, the capacitors were a little "pumped" so this morning i go straight to my local electronic shop, i replace 5 of them in the power board (all the small) and now is back to life!!!Thank you all, i'm lucky i found this place and fixed my monitor with 1.5 euro!!

Comment

heeeeello, the capacitors were a little "pumped" so this morning i go straight to my local electronic shop, i replace 5 of them in the power board (all the small) and now is back to life!!!Thank you all, i'm lucky i found this place and fixed my monitor with 1.5 euro!!
              This application requires low ESR capacitors. It is likely your local electronics store sold you general purpose caps, which will quickly fail. It would be a good idea to prepare for this - you already know how to replace them so having the proper caps on hand would be a good idea.

PlainBill
              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
              X