Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips 42PFL5432D/37

Originally posted by tbuch View Post
    I have a quick question, on the main logic board I have having a difficult time disconnecting the connector with all the colored wired. Is there a trick to it, I don't want to reef to hard on it and chance breaking it... Thanks!
    The connector is usually latching to stop it moving. It's a very common fault on LCD TVs for it to come loose due to heat/vibration. There is probably a flip-up latch or something which undoes it.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Ok, got her back together, now its displaying the symptoms other have complaint about... The green power light comes on steady and its chirping, still no picture/no sound... Crud!!

Comment

Reviewing other posts two bad diodes where the cause of this. Should I try replacing them also with part http://search.digikey.com/us/en/prod...ACT-ND/2770358 ?

Comment

Reviewing other posts two bad diodes where the cause of this.
          Have you got a multimeter to measure the diodes? It is a simple test to do.
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I don't, but I will have to pick one up tomorrow.

Comment

I don't, but I will have to pick one up tomorrow.
              If you are going to buy one, get one with a symbol that has ->|- on it. Like the symbol circled in blue.

Same if you are borrowing one.

PS. If you are buying one, which one do you have in mind? I have a big interest in multimeters.
              Attached Files
              --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I am sending my hubby to walmart after he gets off of work to pick up the one you suggested in a earlier post ... Equus 3300 hands free multimeter.

Comment

I am sending my hubby to walmart after he gets off of work to pick up the one you suggested in a earlier post ... Equus 3300 hands free multimeter.
                  Hmm, I don't remember recommending that one and I searched the forums. Where did you see the post?
                  --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

WOW, I thought I had been seeing things because I had a hard time finding it myself. It was in the philips post regarding no picture, chirping. OP was twlztid and it was post #10 Re: Phillips 42PFL5432D/37 Chirping and No Picture
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by tw1ztid
                    I don't have a multi-meter or any experience with one.
                    There are 2 SMD fuses on each inverter board for a total of 4. If they are open (bad), then your backlight won't turn on.

If you don't have money, try to borrow a multimeter from someone to test the fuse and diodes as Mr Bill as pointed out.

If you live close to a Wal-Mart, they have this multimeter

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Equus-3300...meter/14644665

for $12.

Or if you prefer ebay, this one is $10 + free shiping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150668723235

Both are beginner multimeters, but will do the job required for your purposes.

My personal choice would be the Uni-T. PS. I have no affiliation or experience with the seller.

Comment

It was in the philips post regarding no picture, chirping.

My personal choice would be the Uni-T. PS. I have no affiliation or experience with the seller.
                      I believed you, I just didn't remember in what context. (It didn't help that I was searching for "Equus" and the search engine didn't find it in the URL).

I happened to be in the "local" electronics store today and saw the same UT33C for $29.99 CDN. I couldn't believe the markup when an USA seller sells the same product for $10 + free shipping. I went into the store because their sign advertised a "gigantic" blowout with prices up to 90% off. Talk about major false advertising.
                      Last edited by retiredcaps; 01-30-2012, 09:35 PM.
                      --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

That particular multimeter (Equus) will work, right?

That markup is crazy, WOW!!! I see that you prefer the Uni-T but I don't have the patience to wait for it. I used to have an amazing multimeter, I believe it was a craftsman back when I was taking Automotive Technology (1995). However, one day when I was at work my "X"- Husband sold all of my tools to the local pawn shop, and it happened to be in with them

Comment

That particular multimeter (Equus) will work, right?
                          For the purposes of fixing this TV, it will work fine. It has a diode test function.
                          --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

OK great, Thanks!!!

Comment

Just got done checking diodes;

Diode zd904 reads 034 (both directions)
                              Diode zd902 reads 061 (both directions)

These are the two diodes that are on the power board.

Comment

Just got done checking diodes;

Diode zd904 reads 034 (both directions)
                                Diode zd902 reads 061 (both directions)

These are the two diodes that are on the power board.
                                Both are shorted.
                                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

tom66, that is what I thought, I checked some others and they read up on the 600 one way and 1 the other.

Comment

I also tested a few other diodes;

Diode D925 is reading 096
                                    Diode D912 is reading 001

Are these bad or are the just appear bad because of the other two bad diodes?

Comment

you might have to desolder the diodes to get an accurate reading but my monies on the ZD902 & ZD904 being bad. 3 or 4 times now in about 30 days i've seen the chirping transformer on a philips lcd. It seems the diode failing with the capacitors on this power supply design is starting to become problematic.

Comment

Mr Bill, thank you for all of your help. I will test these out of the board as well.

Comment

Same both ways?

Comment

Working...
                                          X