This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello. Bigredbus here. I just joined this forum the other day. I'm a retired bus driver for Trailways. Retired in 2010. I still work part-time, in part to earn some extra money to pay to repair my LCD! I hail from Winooski, Vermont. I attended Johnson State College in Johnson, VT. Got my Trailways driving job in Albany, NY then moved to Syracuse NY. I currently live in Bridgeport. Oh, and I like the NY Giants and the Boston Red Sox. I'm a quiet sort of guy who doesn't talk too much. I hope to be able to post my plea for help in the appropriate forum topic soon. Thanks for allowing me into this forum. Oh, I did drive a big-red-bus!! Take care.

Comment

Hi folks,

I just joined up a few days ago. I found out about this place looking for capacitor related information.

I just wanted to say thanks to all of the people who took the time to give detailed answers to questions in the forum, I learned a lot from reading your posts. There are a lot of places to get info from but many do not go into details, leave important things out, or are barely readable due to poor organization and informational display. I think most of you will know what I am talking about !! Yes, the Internet has many resources but a lot of it still needs work to make it usable. You can Google all day long and still not be any further along than when you started !

My main work is with 2d/3d graphics, websites, and IT related matters. I don't have the long years in electronics like some of you have on this board but I still have been able to maintain all of my own computer equipment and tweak things when I need to. I am glad I have some soldering skills, they will come in handy after finding out how bad the capacitor situation is with many computer related parts, maybe I can fix a lot more equipment with this new knowledge.

Anyway, just want to introduce myself.

My Best,

Gcap

Comment

Hi all

I'm Eugenio 46 years old. I'm a software developer and love to fix electronics devices. To avoid economically damage to the REAL electronics repair centers I started a little and legal restoring business so pay taxes too. I agree with the forum rules so I talked about this.
        Greetings from Italy!!!

Eugenio

Comment

Hi, my name is Real Gautreau, I'm retired from the Army with 23 years as a pilot. I've been repairing TVs, VCRs and stereos for 30+ years. I'm hoping to start a new thread soon.

Comment

Hello,
            My name is Eric and I'm a 33yr old computer tech in NC. If you need any computer help ask away and I'll try to help.

Comment

hello new to this forum. i've had bad mobo and led screens. hope to get better at doing repairs if possible. do have little bit of electrical back ground as i have replaced keyboard in a notebook that was given to me. build my own computers and help out family on trouble shooting at times.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/images/smilies/beer.gif

Comment

Hello, Found this forum repairing a Hansg HG281D monitor with a power up problem.
                Thanks

Comment

Hello - Obviously a newbie here. Researching a backlight issue on a 42LG50 that's sounding like fuses on inverter board? Main board has been replaced that was part of the issue, now I have an image (snow & menu) I can see with a flashlight.
                  I'm mainly an audio guy, used to deal with CRT projector's for home theater. Been doing some repairs, board and LCD panel replacement on Samsung, LG, Toshiba, Philips for some service providers. Another learning experience and taking advantage of online resources. A few years ago, these older flat panels (plasma & LCD) were either too expensive to repair, or everyone was afraid to try. Now, as price comes down, it seems like more owners are willing to spend $300 - $400, rather than replace with a new $700 - $800 TV?
                  Anyway, glad to be aboard, appreciate any assistance from all of you members!
                  Audioplus - Dan C

Comment

Hello , i'am Jimmy one who likes to tinker with electric items and found my way here searching for information related to a plasma tv i'am learning about.

Comment

Greetings BadCappers:

--I have a hobby interest in electronics. This allows me to save money and to save my friends money. I have been posting over at Dave Jones EEVBlog, which is where I discovered this forum. This forum is much more in line with my efforts. I fix anything I can find, or that my friends have that needs fixing (no charge). I will be posting some of my repairs with pictures, in the near future. I just want to say, I really appreciate an, outstanding, clean, well run, resource like this. I can see that the people here are super helpful, literate, and respectful. I will endeavor to fit in.

Best Regards
                      Clear Ether

Comment

Hello. I am Tony from the Philippines. I am a Laptop technician for 10 years now. But I work, part time as a Dentist. Surprised? Here in the Philippines, we should have at least 2 jobs. But I love being a technician and I've been doing laptop repair ever since.
                        This site is everything I need. and I love reading (and back reading) forums.
                        More power to Badcaps.net!

Comment

Good morning (afternoon/evening). My name is Bob and I've been around this stuff for way too long.

Got my ham license in 1960 and build my first transmitter soon after that, I was 12 years old and the transmitter used an acorn type 832B final. Received my one and only pink slip from the FCC soon after I started making contacts with this HB transmitter Quickly learned about harmonic emission and the benefits of pi-network matching! Wimped out and started building Heathkits for a while. Still have some of them

After a 7 year stint in the USAFSS during the Vietnam era (not in Vietnam, but safe in the Philippines) as a "ground radio technician", I continued working in electronics at TRW in Florida. After 4 years I moved to Texas Instruments in Dallas, TX to play with Bubble memories. Started mixing hardware and software to build test systems to watch for bursting bubbles

After 20years with TI, they sold my division to Raytheon which the DOD objected to, so they sold us (me included) to an Oregon based company that builds Gallium Arsenide. Most of my recent work has been interfacing manufacturing and testing equipment for data collection and writing software too pull data reports for external and internal customers.

About all the hardware fun I get nowadays is at home playing with embedded processors, trying to discover the next "can't live without it" product so I can "retire";0

While in the AF back in the 70's I worked several 2nd/3rd jobs doing in-home TV/Stereo servicing, mainly for Grundig and Telefunken console units. Had to pull the chassis's if they needed to go back to the shop, the cabinets were solid wood (heavy)!

Found this forum (had heard about it previously) with a search for problems I've been having with my Sanyo DP50747 plasma TV shutting down. Looks like a great resource. Thanks for having me.

Bob WA4DYN
                          Lone Oak, TX

Comment

Hello all. My name is Jeff, but people call me JBaz. I'm nothing more than a geek like most people on the net.

I love anything technical and a huge history buff. I have a degree in marketing and photography, but have done IT level stuff for the past 10 years on and off. I enjoy hardcore pc gaming, tinkering with hardware, race a few motorcycles and do professional photography and videography. I enjoy teaching and helping people out of where I can so hopeful I can learn some thing or two about electronics more in depth from people on this forum.

Comment

Hi everyone. My name is Tony and I have a problem, I can't seem to throw perfectly broken items in the trash where they belong. I have the urge to fix everything broken I can find. This obviously does not please my wife in any way.

Anyways I like what I have read here so far and thank everyone for the wonderful reading material.

Comment

Well, BSEE in 2000, been designing hardware and firmware ever since. 15yrs software/windows/PC experience prior to that, mostly DOS/UNIX/BeOS.. Basic, Pascal, C, C++, Intel Assembly, VB, VBA, WSH.. Still use them to do what I need to do for both work and home, but my passion is hardware. Specifically love FPGA designs, audio circuits, power supply design, etc.

cheers,
                                ..dane

Comment

Hello, my name is Viliam and I am a student / active programmer. I am also interested in way things work, that's why I always repair my own car, no matter what the problem is. I also lift weights so lifting heavy things while repairing my car is no problem for me, or getting rusted bolts loose. In electronics, I am not that saavy and know only basics (had electrotechnic college), so that's why I am looking for help on these forums I am definitely not a "does not work, throw it away" person, I always love to repair any stuff that I can. It peaks my intelect and saves a lot of money ;-) Recently I have replaced blown capacitors in my other monitor's adapter, but with my iiyama, I am stumpled.

Comment

i'm maint. engineer and am always looking to expand my knowlege and there is so many useful posts on this sight that i signed up . that's my story .

Comment

Hello I´m Pedro from Mexico electronic eng. I want to recover my habilities for service computer and celular phones I know something about cellular systems.
                                      I´m waiting to serve something anfd adquire more from yours.
                                      very truly.Dears

Comment

Re:Hi! my name is Pedro Medina electronics eng.

Then I worked about 20 years in telecommunications networks. that job is gone. Actually I´m trying to engage with repair pc, tv, because here we don´t have anyway to get a job this is because I get 63 years old.
                                        I hope this forum give me a new refresh in knowledge and have new trends.

Comment

Hello to all!

Comment

Working...
                                          X