Panasonic TH-42PE30 fault no picture fault code 2 blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TH-42PE30 fault no picture fault code 2 blinks

On the SS board the LED for the +15volt is lit, have checked most of the voltages and after switch on they all appear but then they go off. I changed the SS board but fault is still the same. If the +15v detector is lit, this means the voltage is missing, I assume ??.will post picture later.

Re: Panasonic TH-42PE30 fault no picture fault code 2 blinks

I think 2 blinks is Vsus fault, have you tried isolating SC and SS boards to see if error code changes?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

with SS11 removed and SC still connected blink code is 9.with SS11 still disconnected and SC2 disconnected blink code is 7.with all boards connected blink code is 12. which was 2 before.

Comment

when switching on, the screen lit up until the trip started.

Comment

From memory, 12 is an audio fault. Try unplugging speakers, check speaker wire for shorts, check speakers are about 8ohm each.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

cannot find any problems with the audio, Asus is ok the only thing I could find was the +15v, was over 16v.

Comment

Disconnected PA1,PA3,PA5,PA6 and PA7, when putting them back in with PA7 disconnected, the screen lit up but only for about a minute, when retried this it did the same, so it looks like the 15v is being loaded.

Comment

Have done more checks. with P12 removed, no clicking or relays and no blinking LED. replace P12 and remove P5, this gives 5 blinks, replaced PL5 and remove P23, this gives 2 blinks, replace PL23 and remove P7 this gives 12 blinks. Any thoughts.

Comment

Anyone got any thoughts on these problems

Comment

In schematic states that 12 blink code is: "PA board Base Voltage (15, 12, 9, 5, 2.5V)".
                    Maybe some of the sub-voltages on the PA board is missing, try to measure voltages on PA2 connector.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I put a know good Power board into this tv and it made that one go faulty.

Comment

Please ignore this message.

Comment

Does anyone have a procedure for finding which voltage may be missing, will it be from the A or P board.

Comment

As anyone on here found the problem of a Panasonic tripping with the power light blinking 12 times.

Comment

Have checked the voltages on PA10 to PF10.
                              Pin one and two Unr 21v, Voltage rises to 22.1v, then trips.
                              Pin five unr 14v, Voltage rises to 15.5v, then trips.
                              Pin seven stb 5v, Voltage rises to 5.3v and remains constant.
                              Pin nine AC on/off, Voltage rises to 2.3v, then trips
                              Any thoughts

Comment

Does anyone know if a TNPA2989 2 PA, will be ok to replace a TNPA2989 2 FA and what are the differences.

Comment

What happened to everyone, not one comment in the past few days ???????????????????????

Comment

What happened to everyone, not one comment in the past month, have I been black listed??.

Comment

Nobody is probably able to answer your question and that's why no reply. Have you visually compared the two boards yet, looking for differences?

Comment

Thanks for the reply, have done further checks and found if I remove plug D3 the power stays on, so I thought it would be the D board, but got the board today and still have the same problem. Have checked all the main voltages and all are within spec. Also some times the set will switch on and stay on upto 30minutes, other times it will stay on for a few minutes. The only video I could display was the PC channel. So whats the chance the problem is in the DG board ??????.

Comment

Working...
                                        X