samsung lnt 4061f LCD wont turn on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

samsung lnt 4061f LCD wont turn on?

First off, new to this forum and thanks in advance for any help that anyone can provide.

I am having trouble with one of my Samusng lnt 4061f LCD tv's. I have two of them, one works perfectly fine and has never had any problems, the other, I got from my brother in law because he said it doesn't work.

I figure it is worth a shot to see if we can get it working again. He said for awhile that when he would try to turn it on, it would just click for a while but not turn on. Eventually, the TV would turn on but over time it took longer and longer to turn on.

Now I know your thinking, capacitors on the power supply board as its a known issue with these tvs but heres the catch. He had it serviced by Samsung and the repair guy replaced the entire power supply board with a new one (my guess it was new) but it still wouldn't turn on. My brother in law didn't want to pay to have it repaired further (as this was a warranty or good will repair?) so there it sat.

So he ended up giving it to me for free. I took the back off and looked around. Everything is plugged in and nothing looks out of the ordinary. The known capacitors that go bad all look fine, no bulges and the board does appear to be fine (by looks of course).

Another thing I noticed is that the red light that is on the power button doesn't light up when I plug it in. The power supply board does make a single click when you plug it in but it wont turn on, no matter how many times i push the power button. What I also noticed is that the lcd screen appears to be trying to turn on when I plug it in, even if I don't touch the power button.

What's weird is that it makes a clicking noise when I plug it in like its automatically trying to turn on, my working one does not do that. When I plug the good one in it makes no noise and that red light illuminates on the power button, when I push the button, then it makes that noise and turns on. The bad one makes the clicking noise the second I plug it in and the red light on the power button never turns on.

Here is the video I made, sorry for thumping noise in the beginning of the video, it was my wife walking up the stairs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeibuXgeFa4

Re: samsung lnt 4061f LCD wont turn on?

it sounds like a mainboard firmware corruption issue.

Order new main board.

Comment

Originally posted by Amraks View Post
      it sounds like a mainboard firmware corruption issue.

Order new main board.
      Do you think I should try taking out the main board from my working model and put it in the broke one and see if it fixes it?

That way I could determine if it is the main board or not and not have to buy the main board, in case that is not the problem?

Is there any risk to using the main board from my good one? Like, could it get damaged by the bad one and make me have 2 bad TVs instead of one?

Thanks for the help sir!

Comment

Yeah if you have a mainboard thats working it wouldn't hurt to try,

Comment

Cool, and there shouldn't be any risk of damaging the good main board if I try putting it in the bad TV?

If it is the main board, where do I go to get a new one? Ebay? Used ok?

Thanks

Comment

Shouldn't be any risk,

Try it with just power supply and the power switch connected, see if it will stay on.
            then put good board in and do the same.

Comment

Ebay should have one. But if not you can always set up a saved search it will look for that board everyday until one pops up.

Comment

So remove the main board in the bad unit and plug it in, the light on the button should be illuminated and the screen should turn on, and stay on?

Then try putting the known good main board in and see if it fixes the problem?

Comment

Just have the suspect faulty mainboard, control panel plugged into the power supply and nothing else.
                  if fault shows go ahead with next step.
                  repeat with the good board if we see it stay on it means the original mainboard is faulty
                  Last edited by Amraks; 10-21-2014, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Can you tell me what part I am supposed to leave plugged in? Is it just a cable harness?

Here is a picture of the main board.

Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAMSUNG-LN-T...item20eebe0ede

Comment

so basically you just need the power supply connectors going to the mainboard and the control pannel that switches on the tv plugged in.

Comment

Is the "control panel" the power button? So I follow the cable that goes from the power supply board to the main board and leave that plugged in. Unplug all other cables except the control panel?

I think I got it but I'm still a little confused what the control panel is.

Thanks again for the help

Comment

control pannel power button. this way u can still see if the light is going to go turn on.

Comment

Got it. Going to mess with it tonight, I'll report back later.

Cheers!

Comment

cool will check back in morning post updates will love to see you succeed in finding the fault.
                              sorry my instructions can not be more clearer its 3:40 in morning here.

Comment

I re read the "basic trouble shooting for lcd tvs" on this forum and noticed this.

"The power supply has Standby 5vdc (5VSB, this is a MUST have before anything else will work, when this voltage is not present, there will be no indicator light on the front panel)."

Now supposedly the power supply board was replaced by the service tech from samsung, so if we assumed that it is working, what else would cause the 5vdc to NOT be present? I'm assuming that it is not present, that is why the front indicator light is not on.

Now what I don't get is that the previous statement makes it sound like if this voltage isn't present (thus the light is not illuminated on the front) that nothing else will work. In my case, the second I plug the power cord in, the power supply board makes a clicking noise immediately (without touching the power button) and about 5 seconds later the panel, or possibly the backlight, not sure which it is, turns on and off and stays on somewhat illuminated (as seen in the video). If that above statement is true, shouldn't "nothing else will work" because that 5vdc power appears to be not present, according to the fact the front light on the power button is not illuminated?

Hope that wasn't confusing, anyone else got any thoughts? Or should I just try the things that were mentioned already?

Thanks

Comment

Can we see the whole backside of the TV so we can see how all the boards are connected together? Also the P/N of the power supply board, BN44-??????
                                  Never stop learning
                                  Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                  http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

I figured it out!

Needs a new main board. I took the one out of my other TV that works (same exact model) and put it in the bad one and viola, turns on like it should, picture is fine. Works perfectly.

So now I need a new main board.

My question now is, should i buy a used one off of ebay or buy a new one? I'd like to spend as few dollars as possible as I have a baby on the way and money is tight.

Here are some pictures from the old main board that is bad. What is the exact part# that I need. Some that I found on ebay say they are for a lnt 4061f but I want to make sure I get the correct one.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Comment

I found this one on Ebay that says it is for the lnt 4061f, it is used but was tested and is good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-TV-M...item2a4603194e

It lists "Other Board/Part #'s : BN94-01518A, BN41-00937A, BN97-01835F"

Which BN97-01835F matches the sticker on the old board.

I'm assuming this board is the correct board that I need?

Thanks for the feedback and help guys

Comment

Hey congrats.

Yes that mainboard should be fine.

Used will be fine.

Comment

Working...
                                        X