Viewsonic VX2245wm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewsonic VX2245wm

replaced ALL capacitors in monitor but now it won't power on at all....any suggestions?

Re: Viewsonic VX2245wm

First things first:

Pictures of the power supply / inverter board (and logic board while you're at it) - front and back from overhead without the flash, but with plenty of light. Do NOT post the pictures in line, attach them using manage attachments when posting through the 'Go Advanced' button.

Also, what are the exact symptoms currently of the monitor? Any signs of power - power LED?, flash of the screen - then dark?, etc.

Do you have a DMM and do you know how to use it?

Comment

@ Mandace - why do you start a new thread each time you come on?
      repost the pics and info from the other thread to this one. Dont start any more for the same monitor.

Please update your profile with at least the country you live in.

Also pics after the cap replacement. Where did you get the caps
      and what makes are they?. Check they are in the right way around although they normally pop if incorrect.
      Last edited by selldoor; 02-19-2012, 08:53 AM. Reason: added a bit
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I do not have a DMM - should I buy one do you think? If I do need to buy one, will just any digital multimeter do, or do I need to look for a specific kind?

I will get back with both of you on the rest of the questions after I take the monitor apart again. Won't be immediate, have to do a bunch of studying for school.

Thanks for the responses
        Last edited by MANDACE87; 02-20-2012, 01:20 PM. Reason: Added some

Comment

Working...
        X