samsung syncmaster 226bw white screen after cap replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

samsung syncmaster 226bw white screen after cap replacement

Alright so i replaced 3 bad caps that i had noticed c110 c111 and c112. Because i had the flickering problem.

After re-assembly my monitor no longer flickers, but when it turns on it is a completely white screen. Any ideas what could cause this?

also i just plugged into my pc and it recognized it. But still no image.
    Last edited by heartofalion28; 02-23-2011, 02:27 AM.

Re: samsung syncmaster 226bw white screen after cap replacement

Check to make sure you have plugged everything in when you put it back together,particularly the connectors from Logic to screen.Members on here all admit to forgetting to do this occasionally.

Comment

Thank you for such a quick reply to a noobish question. That fixed it my friend. I cant believe i missed that ribbon cable. And i cant believe i successfully fixed my monitor!

now i just gotta get the melted carpet off of my soldering iron. (lol fell off the table X/)

Thanks again so much!

Comment

Originally posted by heartofalion28 View Post
        Thank you for such a quick reply to a noobish question. That fixed it my friend. I cant believe i missed that ribbon cable. And i cant believe i successfully fixed my monitor!

now i just gotta get the melted carpet off of my soldering iron. (lol fell off the table X/)

Thanks again so much!
        Better onto the carpet than in your lap.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
          Better onto the carpet than in your lap.

PlainBill
          very true and it almost landed on my leg too...would not have been a good night if that had happened

Comment

Protip: NEVER try to catch your soldering iron when it's falling down from your desk.
            and yes.. i know what i'm talking about.. experience hurts.. sometimes..

damn reflexes..
            Last edited by Scenic; 02-23-2011, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by heartofalion28 View Post
              Now replace the REST of the electrolytic caps in there, otherwise you will be back soon. First rule of dodgy caps: when some have died, the rest aren't worth a pinch of s##t. The exception is the large filter cap - they rarely fail.
              Friends don't let friends buy Samsung ....

Comment

Hi all, sorry to bring up this old post, but I was searching Google when I came across this post. It's the same problem I am having. I rechecked all cables (ribbon and blue/pink ones) and everything seemed solid.

First let me say that I'm more of a programmer than a hardware guy. I like code, not so hot about solder. I think I did an "ok" job with soldering the caps on. Not too sloppy, but could a bad solder job be the reason the monitor isn't fixed? I rechecked the CAPS, I don't see any problems and if it's not the cables (as was the case w/the original post), where should I look to now?

Samsung 941BW monitor
                Only 1 CAP was bad. 470-25v I think (right in the center of the board)

Comment

Originally posted by Snayjay View Post
                  Hi all, sorry to bring up this old post, but I was searching Google when I came across this post. It's the same problem I am having. I rechecked all cables (ribbon and blue/pink ones) and everything seemed solid.
                  Will need a bit of history on the monitor, like, what was the original problem with it before you did the recap? Also, do you have a multimeter?

Comment

I scored this Samsung 941BW today off craigslist since I got nothing to do this President's Day holiday.
                    The monitor can turn on the blue power indicator LED but no video.
                    Two are bulging but replaced all caps anyway except the big one, no luck and I still have the same problem.
                    Checked the circuit and found the radial fuse open.

Shorted it with very fine strand of copper wire and now I got all white screen.

Then, I read RTech's comment to double-check ribbon cable and logic board.
                    True enough I forgot to re-attach it after several attempts of assembling and re-assembling.

The dead President's ain't turning on their graves. I made them proud.
                    Repaired in U.S.A!!

Comment

@alainski - Well done - now replace the fuse with the correct one!

@Snayjay - do like Momaka says- if you like programming you should be treating this the same - logically, not starting halfway through.
                      You should read through some of the longer threads and see what info you will have to provide to get help.Start with photos - One overall with boards in place than front and back of each board. Try not to use flash. Pics should be clear - a close up showing the board part numbers can also help. Do not post in line use the manage attachments ( go advanced not quick reply)

I usually suggest reading this
                      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10419.
                      Bet retiredcaps wishes he got a dollar each time it was read.
                      Probably not exactly your problem but outlines some of the tests that may be required.

Oh and how did you now only one cap was bad?
                      Last edited by selldoor; 02-21-2012, 05:45 AM. Reason: bad cap
                      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Working...
                      X