Recommendation For My Caps Choice(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendation For My Caps Choice(s)

So Im planning on having a motherboard recapped. Its from a legacy computer that is around 20 years old (Commodore Amiga).

Ive been looking further round the forums and come up with these as choices (Notes are added) in no particular order :

1. NRSX. Ive found the NRSX related parts for the caps list. I have not used these before and know nothing about them other than they seem highly regarded here on the forum. No supplier found yet.

2. Panasonic (FM/FC). Ive found all the part numbers for a replacement set using a mix of the FM and FC series. These seem highly regarded across several sites I have looked at. Ive found suppliers for some of these but not all, yet.

3. Maxson (GF, GT, RS). Ive found replacementsa for all I require based on these ranges, all from this site. They sound ideal but I dont really know anything about them. Ordering would be easy obviously because they are all available from here.

So, based on your far more extensive knowledge than mine and your experience, what would the recommendation be from the above three options ?

Failing these, what other would you recommend ?

Any advice / feedback greatly appreciated
    Last edited by WonkeyDonkey; 06-05-2012, 10:31 AM.

Re: Recommendation For My Caps Choice(s)

SamXon GF is not suitable for warm areas
    (electrolyte in them go bulging fast)

Comment

Re: Recommendation For My Caps Choice(s)

Ahh my buffer was overflowing when I wrote that.

I meant Samxon of course!

Comment

Working...
      X