Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ONN LCD32ANGEL-A (LC32OWX3) PSU: JSK3230-064 What is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ONN LCD32ANGEL-A (LC32OWX3) PSU: JSK3230-064 What is it?

Hi,
    I bought a ONN LCD32ANGEL-A (LC32OWX3) off ebay as a spare or repair for peanuts off ebay as a spare or repair item as it sounded like it had bad caps on the powersupply board and I needed a replacement tv.

Anyway I found a cluster of bad caps in one corner only. Four had swollen tops and two looked like they had leaked out the bottem without making the case bulge.

I have ordered some replacement Panasonic FC caps from RS components which should arrive tommorow. But checking the board again with a microsope I noticed the two black shrink rapped components in the centre of the bad caps cluster had something leaking down there legs. I do not know if it is a bad component or just that a bad cap has leaked over it.

I have attached pictures of the two components and was wondering what they are. They are not cylindrical as if it is an axial capaciter with a pin bent back down but the top has a covering of some sort. Also the board shows not hatching to show which pin is negative or a component lable number. Also the two legs of each component is outside the circle instead of inside like the capacitors.

If I know what it is and that its probably fine I want order extra parts and waste another tenner and time.

Please see attached photoes and tell me what you think.

Cheers

Peter

Photo 1: Power supply
    Photo 2: Power supply covers removed,
    Photo 3: Area of bad caps
    Photo 4: Mystery components,
    Photo 5: mystery components base
    Attached Files

Re: ONN LCD32ANGEL-A (LC32OWX3) PSU: JSK3230-064 What is it?

Welcome, stonefisher!

The mystery components in photos 4 and 5 are inductors.
    I can also see Samxon GF, a known bad series.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Thanks for the info Japlytic.

That makes sense looking inductors up on wiki. It is good to know that it cant go wrong.

Yeah the Samxon along with two others in the photo are being removed as soon as new desolder wick arrives with the new capacitors.

The Samxon in the pic is being sneaky. Like its oartner which has already gone it has blown its bung without making the top swell. I would never has known if I had not had to remove its partner to get to the bad cap behind it. This brand goes over the top with gluing components down with silicon seal.

Thanks again for the info.

Comment

Well the TV is up and running now

For anyone who wonders across this post needing to fix the PSU the replacement caps are:
        2x 1000uF 35v 105C
        2x 1000uF 16v 105C
        2x 680uF 16v 105C

Comment

i have the same tv but the power board looks nothing like the 1 on this page ive attached a pic of the power board the problem i have with it is no power output at all its stuck on standby...... ive checked all caps i was wondering if plug xpd2 from main board connects to power switch as someone was inside it before i got it and there are a couple of 2 pin connecters thanks guys...
          Last edited by soldierguy; 03-31-2012, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Hello Soldierguy,

Please be carefull poking around the inside of the TV. There are some big capacitors on the power board.

I cannot see the picture.

The TV is made by Vestal who make super budget goods for lots of budget brands and supermarkets like this one.

I did find when researching my tv to fix it that they used whatever power supply boards they had cluttering the place up as I think I recall seeing three different versions on spare parts shops.

As for the one in mine, as it was a not really designed for this tv not all sockets were used and some pins/slots remained empty.

You should check the capacitors underneath as it can break there too. The bad caps on powerboards seem to be in a cluster of around 6 to 8 capacitors but you cant always tell from the top if they are bad.

Have you tried the on/off button on top of the TV? The IR receiver may be broken as well the remote may not work or have dead batteries. I use an IR cctv camera to check if a remote works though I suspect most people don't own a cctv system.

Back to the spare pins, yes that is normal though it means it may not be in the correct sockets any more. DO NOT swap plugs around to see if it makes it work, it may damage some components.

Technically the TV is always on in part. The power supply has to power a control board which keeps checking the IR receiver and control buttons on top of the tv. Once it recieves a signal from either place it changes the indicator light/ring from red to green and then powers up the rest of the TV.

As you have a standby light power is obviously getting to the power supply and onto the control board.

List of possible faults:
            Broken remote,
            Dead batteries in remote,
            Broken IR reciver or cable to board,
            Broken buttons on tv top or broken cable ( I remember it was a pig removing the back cover of the TV with those control buttons),
            Bad capacitors on the power board,
            Damaged control board,
            And lastly damaged cables either between power supply, control board and AV board.

Comment

When you said you had checked the caps do you mean visually or with an ESR meter or something in between.

You can check most tv remotes with a digital camera. Just look at the Remote lens end on through the camera and when you press a button you should see it flash white.

please post good clear pictures of the whole chassis, and then pictures of each board, front and back and close up of connectors, (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) using the manage attachments button, which is found by clicking "go advanced" under quick reply.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

Example
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1290283049
              Last edited by selldoor; 04-02-2012, 09:24 AM.
              Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Working...
              X