Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic TC-L42U25 LCD Half Screen Bad - Good Pics (Come check out my caps)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-L42U25 LCD Half Screen Bad - Good Pics (Come check out my caps)

Hi all!

I'm trying to salvage my Panasonic TV that decided to give up the ghost while I was on vacation for a week. I tried searching for a few different phrases that turned up no luck. Most results that came back were for plasmas and not LCD's. Here are the searches I tried; maybe they will help someone in the future if I get this resolved:
    • panasonic half
    • panasonic half screen
    • panasonic tc-l42u25
    • panasonic tc-l
    • panasonic lcd

TV: Panasonic TC-L42U25 42-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV
    Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Service Manual: Try here if that doesn't work

Came back after a week of it unplugged to half the screen being distorted. The pics do it justice. Basically, 1/4 of the screen is white and the 1/4 next to it is a distorted fuzzy mess with some image showing. After reviewing the service manual, it looks like it MAY be the T-Con board. The service manual appears to rule out the LCD panel as the problem since it is in such a large area and not a thin vertical/horizontal line.

I tried reconnecting all of the ribbon cables going in and out of the T-Con without any luck. I disconnected one side at a time while the TV was on and it didn't fix either side (like some YouTube videos suggested). Here is a picture of the back opened up.

So my question is: Has anyone seen this before, is it obviously one thing or another?
Working...
X