Dell 1525 motherboard trouble need help troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 1525 motherboard trouble need help troubleshooting

i have a dell 1525 that shuts the green led off on the ac charger when the motherboard is attached to the power board! i replaced the power board and still the same problem. so now i'm trying to figure out what on the motherboard is causing it to short out the ac adapter! i have seen many of these with problems but everyone just replaces the motherboard and never troublshoot it or has a fix. i wanna try to figure out what on the board is causing it to have reverse circuit problems from what i have read that is the problem. the charger doesn't get tripped if it is plugged in without the motherboard attached so it has to be something on the board shorting out. i have everything removed from the motherboard modem,ram,etc. and nothing is attached to the motherboard like the keyboard,power button board etc. where could i start to test? i also checked the cmos battery and across the cmos when it is on the board and it reads 3.07v which is ok. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Dell 1525 motherboard trouble need help troubleshooting

the board is 07211-1 ds2 intel 48.4w002.011 and on the board is see that it has K5,k6,and k2 which are contactors i believe they have to be making contact in order for it to work and if they aren't will this cause the board to act like it is shorted and give me the results i am getting? here are some pics they aren't the best. all help is appreciated! thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Comment

remove the wifi protection sticker.
      i had one dell like this that had burned chip under wifi sticker,
      find a better camera even my webcam can make better pictures
      Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

i took the sticker off and don't see anything burnt.here is a schematic but i am having trouble following it!
        Attached Files

Comment

is there any way to check an rj45 jack with a dmm? the back pins going into the motherboard look burnt. not the 8 that come from the cable but the other 2 that i believe go to the light when it is plugged in. will this cause it to short out the ac adapter if it is shorted? it also has the phone line cable on the same jack and there are 3 pins that look burnt between the rj45 and phone line. any help is appreciated

Comment

here are some pictures i looked all over the internet to check the rj45 jack but everyone only shows how to test the cable.
            Attached Files

Comment

has anyone ever attempted this or isn't it possible to cause the problem i am having with a shorted out rj45 jack?

Comment

why not connecting a cable with one end and then checking the connections on another end on bare wires to the MB?

Comment

if i am understanding what you are saying i can't do that because as soon as the motherboard connects to the power board it trips the ac adapter and no power can be sent to the motherboard because of a short somewhere i am guessing!

Comment

Can you try with a lab power supply? use this thread as a guide https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29074

Comment

I know you said that it can't be the power supply, but the problem happens after a load in placed on the power supply. So have you tried a different power supply or a bench supply?

Have tried charging the battery externally and seeing if the computer exhibits any problems when on battery power?

Comment

Originally posted by sparker1 View Post
                        Can you try with a lab power supply? use this thread as a guide https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29074
                        Sorry, I forgot this is a dell with it's "genuine psu" identification. You'd have to bypass this.

Comment

Any luck with this? i have same board with same exact problem, HELP PLZZZ

Comment

same board short some where adapter led turns off after connecting board.
                            L18 showing 1.6 ohms with reference to ground .after opening L18 still same at one point
                            is it fine or some where short.
                            Thanks

Comment

No one

Comment

Last time I did this with a dell I was searching for a short to inject voltage.

Just find a line and use a 1.5v battery fully charged.

Have spares. And give it time to heat up. I doesn't pop up in 5 seconds.
                                It heats up in almost one minute.
                                Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

Thanks for good idea.simple and hope effective too..

Comment

Working...
                                  X