This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

New here, just wanted to say hello, found the site looking for a service manual for an inverter board.

Best wishes for 2012!

Paul

Comment

Hello!!

Name is Steve, I am Chiropractor and a science geek. I love, love, love electronics and everything related to science.

Recently, I opened my Dell Dimension E510 (5150) to clean out the dust and noticed some puffed caps on the motherboard. I started searching for a good source for replacement caps and found this place, I like what I see so far. Only symptom the PC has is the audio crackles when putting demands on the processors, like opening new window or application for example. Also when I removed the rather large heat sink I noticed the white conductive compound between the heat sink and CPU was all dried out. That'll need some fixing too.

Anyway, plan on recapping the board and this looked like a good spot so I decided to set up camp and poke around for a while. I'll probably stay,...that's what I do!

Cheers!!!

Comment

Well hello all, My name Glenn I am 50 yrs old and I have been a computer service tech since the early 80s. I love tinkering with electronics. I was scanning the net for some info on a vizio tv when it led me here to badcaps.net. What I have seen so far on this forum seems to be a vary nice bunch of people trading info with each other and not like some of those other forums that I have been to where they will not give you the time of day. Thanks and have a great day.

Comment

Hi guys. My name is Felipe. I'm a professional poker player that lives in Brazil.
          Unfortunatly i own a samsumg 305T monitor.
          Google was very kind, bringing me here to badcaps, i think i found the solution to my problem.
          Loved the forum, hope i can learn a lot!
          Thanks.

Comment

Hi all, I'm a semi-retired EE and Mgr who has worked many, many years for one of the premier Tech and Instrumentation companies as well as in aerospace and other tech/software firms. I simply want to put my new Oscope to use and would like to learn from the rest of you.
            Thanks in advance and Best Regards, techeee

Comment

hello, watch your toes, i'm squeezing in here...
              I'm sure you can tell by my post count that i'm new to the forum. I build my own computers for gaming/entertainment, and i do a bit of electronics repair as a hobby. i'm really into hifi audio equipment, is also a big hobby of mine, trying to squeeze every drop of audio performance out of what i can is fun. i'm friendly and i enjoy being able to help people out time to time.
              i hope to fit in here well, and hopefully learn alot from you guys, and hopefully share some of what i have learned with the rest of you.

John.

Comment

Hi all, just found this forum after almost banging my head on a wall with a weird laptop problem that I hope can be fixed
                I'm from Manchester in the UK, I used to be a mobile phone (cellphone) field engineer and also trained as a radio and tv engineer but retired now due to ill health
                I like to build my own computers and just started out on laptops, got a Toshiba L40-14l and upgraded the cpu to a core 2 duo T7500, also put a new screen it, it was broken when I was give the laptop, felt good turning it on and it worked, apart from the one mouse/touchpad problem. (started a thread about it)

Comment

Hello, I'm jbdk.

I am an EE by education and a software developer by trade, currently working as co-owner and CIO of a spin-off business from my previous employer. I live in Denmark, Europe, and I am in my early 40s.

I started messing with electronics in the 1970's, building a simple diode radio receiver (no transistors or chips!) from a kit. "My" (really my parents) first computer was a Texas 99/4A without that overpriced extension box, hooked up to an old TV. We considered the Sinclair computers until I accidentally pushed one of the demo models in the shop and it instantly rest because the power connector wasn't gripping the plug securely. That was all before High School.

These days I mostly use PC-style computers of varying sizes and shapes, while also messing with a few non-PC computers and electronic devices.

In the past year, I used info from Badcaps.net or a similar site to fix some bad resistors (not caps!) in my Samsung Syncmaster 245BW monitor.

So much for the mandatory introduction now lets get back to properly configuring my account so I can make a real post.

Comment

Hello all,

Thank you very much for this site. I am David, currently living in California. I am a Hobby Geek / General Contractor.

I look forward to swapping Posts.

Comment

Howdy,

My names Kevin and I'm from Vancouver, Canada. I found this site by doing some research on a problem I am having with a Toshiba Laptop.

Comment

Hi, I'm Paul from Glasgow, Scotland. I've got a bit of an electronics background, long forgotten, but memories flooding back! Just last week I managed to get a Technika 22" LCD TV working - a couple of popped caps on the power board. Saved me buying a new TV. Working on a Philips monitor now and will post an appropriate thread for this.

Comment

Hello all. My name is Greg and I am an attorney in Arizona. I just started my own practice and am trying to manage cash flow. So, I am trying to repair my LG plasma instead of spending money on a new one. So far, I've pulled the power board and identified several popped caps. Wish me luck!

Comment

Hi everyone. I've lurked here a few times but joined today. I've been in the IT world for 26 years and work for one of the big 3 telecomm companies in the U.S. I posted details in one of the other forums about a USB voltage problem I'm trying to troubleshoot on a one-year-old Toshiba laptop.

Thanks for letting me join!

Mike
                            Olathe, KS
                            Mike
                            Olathe, KS

Comment

Hello all,
                              I'm a computer consultant and like to tinker with electrical stuff.

I know enough to hurt myself and those around me, which means very little.

I do know what a cap is and which side you connect the stripe to. lol

Thanks for the wealth of knowledge I've already gleaned from finding you from google.com

Comment

Hi everyone.. newby here trying to learn a little bit about recapping.. have a bunch of motherboards that cannot be replaced with new ones and maybe i could fix a couple???

thanks

Comment

Okay well I am very excited about having found this site and the timing as well. I have always had a love for what makes it work and disassemble and then reassemble and actually making it work. It being a pc or most electronic devices. My name is Alfonso and I am very well on my way to start working more and more on starting some research on certain topics so that I may begin component level repair on pc's and lcd tvs. My projects are now waiting in line for me to purchase a digital soldering station. I wish all of you the best of luck in this new year of 2012.

Alfonso

Comment

Hello. I stumbled across this page when searching for possible reasons for intermittent errors on my Shuttle SG31G2, then saw mention of a DFI LANParty NF3 250 board, and thought that might be the reason for it to be at fault. Bingo, we have bulging, even leaking caps. May well get on with re-capping that one.

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                                      I also am a newby, name of Brian, and also just stumbled into this site while looking for how to replace my Samsung SyncMaster 225bw monitor that was taking forever to come up and then with a white screen until it was turned on and off about 10 times.
                                      Anyhow, even though I know from nothing about electronics, thanks to some of your members and your detailed instructions, I replaced a couple of parts at a cost of about $6 and it is now working great. Many thanks for saving me several hundred dollars to replace the unit. It was sincerely appreciated !!

Comment

HI! im new here. Im just learning about all this stuff. hope i can pickup a few things.
                                        Thanks for having me.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Another newby here. I have 11 years experience as an Army mechanic and zero with electronics. I have always been fascinated with this subject and so here I am reading away looking to learn what ever I can.

Comment

Working...
                                          X