Samsung 191T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung 191T

The rectificator wasent on datasheet. The HR electronic shop where i buy, told me that "the number" of the rectificator was chinese we have only europian data sheet. With what can i replace it? Any idea ?

Comment

I hope you can find something. I also have a lot of trouble finding components. Especially the ones made in China, which is what most of them are these days. I have several monitors that need a transformer or other part that I cannot find a replacement for.

Comment

Originally posted by sceva View Post
        I also have a lot of trouble finding components.
        I have seen references to

nteinc.com

as a good site for replacement parts for discontinued or obsolete components.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
          I have seen references to

nteinc.com

as a good site for replacement parts for discontinued or obsolete components.
          I added them to my favorites. Thanks.

Comment

i need to get circuit diagram of samsung 191t, if can be someone pls sent my mail asoka.kylathunga@yahoo.com thanks

Comment

@asoka, try here, but please note that, if the boards are not made by Samsung, then they will not be shown in the service manual.
              http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresul...oria=&kat2=all
              Never stop learning
              Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
              http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Amending a previous thread. I am fixing a Samsung 191N LCD monitor (manufacture date 2002) that has intermittent power issues where it takes a long time to power up/glitches.

I have an ESR meter. The board layout and appearance seems the same as the 191t except no DVI out.

Problems seem to be on the power supply board. The only lytic showing damage is the big one (figures) which is a 400V 100uf Capacitor (mine was leaking and the seal was bulging a bit).

AGREE ==>> the ones in the upper left corner are KMs (5 1000 uF 10 V and one 470 uF 25 V),

below the main thansformer there are two small KMs
                ==> THESE APPEAR TO BE 33UF 50V CAPS

and, hidden by the right heatsink the last small KM.
                ==> LOOKS TO BE A 1UF 50V CAP

ESR METER SHOWS ON MY BOARD THAT THE 2 33UF 50V CAPS ARE GOING BAD. THE 400V 100 UF CAP STILL SHOWS GOOD CAPACITANCE BUT BORDERLINE ESR AND VISIBLE ELECTROLYTE LEAKAGE.

Comment

Originally posted by kleung View Post
                  Amending a previous thread. I am fixing a Samsung 191N LCD monitor (manufacture date 2002) that has intermittent power issues where it takes a long time to power up/glitches.

I have an ESR meter. The board layout and appearance seems the same as the 191t except no DVI out.
                  Problems seem to be on the power supply board. The only lytic showing damage is the big one (figures) which is a 400V 100uf Capacitor (mine was leaking and the seal was bulging a bit).

AGREE ==>> the ones in the upper left corner are KMs (5 1000 uF 10 V and one 470 uF 25 V),

below the main thansformer there are two small KMs
                  ==> THESE APPEAR TO BE 33UF 50V CAPS

and, hidden by the right heatsink the last small KM.
                  ==> LOOKS TO BE A 1UF 50V CAP

ESR METER SHOWS ON MY BOARD THAT THE 2 33UF 50V CAPS ARE GOING BAD. THE 400V 100 UF CAP STILL SHOWS GOOD CAPACITANCE BUT BORDERLINE ESR AND VISIBLE ELECTROLYTE LEAKAGE.

Not sure what you are doing here? Are you trying to tell us something or do you need some help?
                  If the latter are your boards the same as in this thread.
                  I would suggest you do not switch on a monitor which has a leaking BIG CAP - it could explode at any time.
                  Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I replaced the big cap already.

the OP wasn't sure what the 50v caps were => 33 uf

also, on the 191N; I just pulled them out and the upper left is not all 1000uf 10v, here are 3x 1000 uf 10v and 2x 2200 uf 10v in there.

The board looks the same but it looks like they changed capacitance a bit between the power supply board revisions.

The 191N has the GH 15/17/18.1 rev.1 power supply board

This is the closest threat I could find on the Samsung 191N monitor caps for the PSU.
                    Last edited by kleung; 08-07-2012, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Re: Samsung 191N power supply board

Funny, I couldn't edit my own post from earlier tonight.

Anyways, just finished repairing my board. I have appended capacitor information in the attached picture.

In my case, the large cap was leaking and everything else looked fine. I ended up replacing all the other caps.

I was thrown off by the fact that the 5 caps in the upper corner were NOT all 1000uf-25v in the 191N monitor's power supply board.

Anyways, the GH15/17/18.1 rev.1 samsung 191n power supply board for the lcd monitor has slightly different capacitors.

See the picture for information. I am simply adding to the information base as I did not find any comparable information when searching.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by kleung; 08-08-2012, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X