DELL 2005FPWisplay goes black after 1 second

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DELL 2005FPWisplay goes black after 1 second

thanks for the clarifications.. maybe i only thought i measured the 24v at the bulbs...is it DC voltage? about how many volts and how many amps?
    Don't fear the repair...

Comment

24v goes into the invertor.
      the invertor turns it into 24v pulses at high frequency.

this then goes into the transformer - transformers dont work with dc - hence the pulses.

the transformer steps the voltage up from 24 to 650.

the output is 650v not exactly dc thou, because it's still high frequency pulses.

if you want to see the output and your meter is rated for 1000v set it to volts AC.

amperage - about 7ma per tube.
      Last edited by stj; 05-28-2014, 07:57 AM.

Comment

look at page 12.
        Attached Files

Comment

i see... so... how would i go about safely re-using these lamps as say.... lamps? like for lighting an area of space in a house?
          Don't fear the repair...

Comment

Originally posted by triplefour View Post
            i see... so... how would i go about safely re-using these lamps as say.... lamps? like for lighting an area of space in a house?
            You would have to provide power to the inverter, and most also require some kind of "ON" signal, which can be anything from grounding a pin to communication with a microcontroller somewhere. If you see a pin on the inverter connector labeled "BL_ON" (or similar), try grounding that with a resistor (something like 100 ohms should work) while applying power to the power pins.

Comment

It is possible, but NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE and It will be too bulky even if you would buy an external inverter
              If they were LED strips that would be a different story

Comment

hmm ok i guess ill just keep em around for testing purposes?
                Don't fear the repair...

Comment

hah wouldnt you know it but a friend of mine today asked me to fix a monitor for him and it turned out to be another dell 2005FPW! his LCD was fine so i just swapped guts from one of the 3 i have that all have LCD problems. boom! problem solved. i could have charged more but i only asked for 20 bux cuz hes a good friend.
                  Don't fear the repair...

Comment

OK I have the same monitor and when I first turned it on , the power lamp and the number 2 flashes on and off.opened it up and unhooked the for cables going to the inverter, plugged it in and they didn't flash any more and I had all the voltages, 5 on the pins, 12 on the pins and 3.3 on pin 10. Connected the inverter plugs and they flash again. Monitor flashes on and off with the 2 lamps.Disconnected the cables again and how the 2 lamps are flashing. Reading across the caps in front of the inverters, I get between 5.7 and 5.8 M.
                    Any direction from here?

Comment

Working...
                    X