X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ps4 wont accept disk

Hi.
    Any advise would be great.
    Got a PS4 that wont allow disks to be inserted. I've check the Drive roller and they are fine. Disks can be inserted and removed via the manual screw at the side of the drive.
    Once inserted the drive read and run fine but wont eject. System does try to eject if eject button or Software eject is pressed but nothing happens.
    Any help would be great.
    Tried all the youtube stuff. Standing Vertical, Pulling Power and rebuilding database.

Re: ps4 wont accept disk

check the motor with a 9v battery, check the switches that detect a disk being inserted into the deck.

Comment

Without having it in front of me, problem lies in the controller chip I believe (and possibly elsewhere). Order yourself a replacement "compatible" board online (BDP-xxx)and it should pull in and eject the disc. It will not read the disc however until the paired IC would be swapped which will need to be done by someone capable of swapping without damaging the chip. To my knowledge the have not yet found a way to pair a different board so if that chip gets damaged it will not play any games.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXlKFiB3A9w

Comment

Working...
        X