Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identify power resistor on Westinghouse LCM-19v7

The power resistor here has me confused:

The colors look about right, but it's hard to capture. I'd call it red yellow red black, but there's some green peeking through the yellow. The whole thing has been toasty, and although the monitor works after recapping, that resistor ought to be replaced.

By color, I'd guess it should be 242. But it measures 147 ohms, even with one lead lifted. Special color codes? Or maybe a bad resistor... the board under it is certainly cooked. The body is 10mm end to end and 3.5mm in diameter.

This monitor has been mentioned here before. The pictures of that board here don't show any discoloring, so I'm thinking it's a degraded or bad resistor that really should be 242 ohms.
    Attached Files

Re: Identify power resistor on Westinghouse LCM-19v7

Originally posted by jsog View Post
    The power resistor here has me confused:

The colors look about right, but it's hard to capture. I'd call it red yellow red black, but there's some green peeking through the yellow. The whole thing has been toasty, and although the monitor works after recapping, that resistor ought to be replaced.

By color, I'd guess it should be 242. But it measures 147 ohms, even with one lead lifted. Special color codes? Or maybe a bad resistor... the board under it is certainly cooked. The body is 10mm end to end and 3.5mm in diameter.

This monitor has been mentioned here before. The pictures of that board here don't show any discoloring, so I'm thinking it's a degraded or bad resistor that really should be 242 ohms.
    Heating can cause color changes. Red yellow red would be 2.4K, not 240 ohms. I'd say it's supposed to be brown green brown - 150 ohms.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Re: Identify power resistor on Westinghouse LCM-19v7

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
      Heating can cause color changes. Red yellow red would be 2.4K, not 240 ohms.
      I was thinking 24*100 divided by ten for black, or 242 and black meaning no multiplier. Funny, that sounds stupid when I say it now.

I'd say it's supposed to be brown green brown - 150 ohms.

PlainBill
      It works with 147, so yes. I replaced it with a 150 ohm, 1W flameproof resistor. A later photo in the thread above shows the same heat situation, and another site suggests resoldering the resistor and coil.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X