CapXon replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CapXon replacement

Guys, I need to replace this. Where and what should I get? It's out of Samsung Plasma mainboard. It's a CapXom 1000uf 25v
    Attached Files

Re: CapXon replacement

Here's a better pic.
    Attached Files

Comment

what is the height of the cap? i would use the 2nd link if you have enough room that the cap won't stick up to high and hit anything. the other capxon caps i would replace those as well but that is completely up to you. always order atleast 1 extra just in case something goes wrong because shipping is gonna get you so your better off with an extra cap then having to pay for shipping twice since shipping is gonna be more than the extra cap or 2 that you purchase.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...2379-ND/613740

http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...0CT-ND/3072230

Comment

They both far exceed the original ripple rating of the CapXon GL, so might as well get the FM (First link) They're shorter too. I highly recommend replacing all the CapXon as well, I've even seen 10uF 50V CapXon fail in monitors (Is that what your pictures are from?)
        Last edited by Pentium4; 04-16-2014, 01:42 PM.

Comment

I normally use FC when replacing CapXon GL, (specs are almost identical), but FM would work just fine too.
          I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Yeah, and Panasonic caps seem to be pretty expensive. If you're going to replace them all, you could buy nichicon PW, they're excellent caps at a better price

Comment

I had a couple of CapXon in a power supply as the input filters. I replaced them with UCC KMQ series, but of course that was a different situation. they were 100uF 200V. Keep that in mind if you decide to replace all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pentium4 View Post
                Yeah, and Panasonic caps seem to be pretty expensive. If you're going to replace them all, you could buy nichicon PW, they're excellent caps at a better price
                Panasonic FC, Nichicon PW, and United Chemi-Con LXZ are basically interchangeable - impedance, ripple current ratings, case sizes, and quality.
                PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

panny FC is a choice for me

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyrae View Post
                    I had a couple of CapXon in a power supply as the input filters. I replaced them with UCC KMQ series, but of course that was a different situation. they were 100uF 200V. Keep that in mind if you decide to replace all of them.
                    They would do fine for a primary side cap, but they wouldn't be suitable on the secondary side of an SMPS, as they are not Low-ESR caps. one of the previously suggested series is a better option.
                    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyrae View Post
                      Yeah, they do fine on the input. Did you mean 1000uF?

Comment

I've been using NCC KY, now I finally got KYA…1000 uF/25 V in D10x20 mm.
                        Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                        Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Working...
                        X