Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UN55D6050TF blown PS board

Hello all!

This will be my first thread and I am excited to see what I can learn. My background in this field is relegated to building computers and swapping parts in laptops/phones and the only soldering I have had to do is joining wires and led strips... so I have a lot to learn and your patience is appreciated

So the other day my wife heard a loud pop and our tv just shut off... followed by a pleasant smell. After popping off the back I found some blown parts on the power supply board. (SEE ATTACHMENTS)

I found this great treasure trove of information and got to work researching how I can fix this. It would seem however that I am too much a simpleton and there is no schematic or diagram of the board BN44-00424A that would tell me which parts I need... again I am a novice so maybe I just can't read. There is a schematic on other threads that are said to be similar but when I search for the part they do not seem to supply any info. (Attached below)

The parts in this kit HERE do seem to have the integrated circuit ICS801S however the resistor RS807 doesn't seem to match what is on my board in color and markings and the ceramic disc capacitor CS803 is not in the kit which I am completely in the dark on how to find. Doing a search using the markings on the side, what I believe is 10k 1kv, turns up THIS or THIS which I am assuming are correct but again, no clue.

Last but not least when I previously soldered I used a little battery operated version which I know will not work here. Would THIS be a good iron to buy or do you guys have a better option for me to start on?

Thank you for anyone willing to help you guys are awesome!
    Attached Files

Re: UN55D6050TF blown PS board

RS807 is 0.65 ohms 5% 1Watt and in the kit it's 0.68 ohms 5% 1Watt so no problem.
    Soldering iron kit looks fine but a good quality solder sucker would prove useful as well as some solder braid.

I would cut the components out with a nice small pair of side cutters and then unsolder the leads left behind which should be easier than trying to unsolder them directly. With the small IC's flood both sides with plenty of fresh solder and they should come off easily. Solder braid can then be used to clean the solder pads carefully without lifting them from the board.
    Last edited by dick_barton; 06-08-2016, 07:15 AM.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Its also a good idea to replace the lytic caps and the Y cap (10k 1kv) in that area as well as the Ic and resistor. You should also after removing the Ic check the diodes in the 5vsyby area to see if they are shorted out too if so replace.
      Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 06-08-2016, 07:23 AM.
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I suspect the Opto-isolator PS801S may have taken a hit so would be wel worth checking the resistance between pins 3 & 4. It should read into the 10's of Kohms
        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
          i suspect the opto-isolator ps801s may have taken a hit so would be wel worth checking the resistance between pins 3 & 4. It should read into the 10's of kohms
          +1
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Thank you for the quick response I will be trying to order parts and test those pins after work.

Comment

Working...
            X