Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

toshiba 42wlt66 needs help before I throw a hammer at it...!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: toshiba 42wlt66 needs help before I throw a hammer at it...!

update time!

I've received the "new" 2039 ICs......

I've put one in the supply......

I've plugged the set.......

relays have clicked once, but there still wasn't backlight AND a quite awful smell began to come......

I've tried to find where the smell comes from, and it seems to come from standby transformer.......

I don't want to take the time to see if there's the correct voltage coming from PFC......

I don't want to test the other 2039 either......!

I'm fed up with this supply!!!!!!

so I went on eBay and bought the only supply I found......which is a little dirty but supposed to be working.......

if it still doesn't work, this time I'll really throw a hammer at it, then I'll let blow the supply, but outside of my room.....

Comment

last update!

"new" power supply arrived this morning, and the set is working again......

now a moderator can really delete this thread, as it's not interesting at all......!

Comment

(really) last update, even if nobody reads it.....

there's clouding on the screen, so I've done everything for absolutely nothing......

I've put it on sale, and if it's not sold within 2 months, I'll really destroy the panel (and hit hard enough to break the ccfl), and all the boards!!!!!

Comment

Don't throw the hammer at it. I can't give an explanation but I had a set suffering serverley with clouding. It wasn't working when I got the set so I don't know if it was already suffering from it.
          However it is possible that pressure on the panel while working on it has pushed the various panel sheets onto each other.
          I left my set in the corner for about 3-4 weeks and when I next switched it on........voila, the clouding was gone.
          Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
            Don't throw the hammer at it. I can't give an explanation but I had a set suffering serverley with clouding. It wasn't working when I got the set so I don't know if it was already suffering from it.
            However it is possible that pressure on the panel while working on it has pushed the various panel sheets onto each other.
            I left my set in the corner for about 3-4 weeks and when I next switched it on........voila, the clouding was gone.
            I'll give it a try, as I have nothing to lose......lol!

Comment

just this little message to say that in the end, I did break it, and even another set which had clouding too.......LOL

Comment

Not funny. Breaking CFLs put out some very bad stuff. Why break something instead of parting it out. Patience.

Comment

Working...
                X