Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic TC-P42S30 - Would someone mind helping me confirm SN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TC-P42S30 - Would someone mind helping me confirm SN?

Ok, that's not who I used. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RCA2000 View Post
      TW_-you seem to be very knowledgeable on PDP sets...So is it NOT advisable to buy boards form a broken screen plasma set ?

WIll it hurt MORE than the Y-buffers--I KNOW from the sound of a busted panel--is sounds like it is HARD on them...the loud "buzz" they make... WIll the Y-sustains (or sc board) get whacked ALSO? How about the Z_(or called SS or X in some sets ) ALSO get killed in a busted panel?
      Hard to generalise so I can only comment on experience and that being predominantly Panny PDP.

Buying any board used is a risk in the beginning for it means the TV is unsalvageable in the first place and that generally would be bad panel.

I've purchased 2 complete board sets of the 2010 FHD series, both cracked panels so you know in that condition they were powered and that generally means the panel shorts.

Both had shorted Sd boards but all else were good.

Damaged in transit new TVs are going to be good(never powered)

Defective panel but running shpuld be ok

And then you have the rest from junked TVs and unless whoever sells them knows what they're doing and invests time checking, it will be a gamble .

As a rule I make sure i use paypal and if DOA contact seller, if that goes belly up, paypal claim.

have not lost a penny yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
        Ok, that's not who I used. Thanks.
        No problem. My big mistake was not using by credit card to pay for it. So no fraud protection.

Still not getting any reply from this great business, so I'm back to searching on ebay for another SN board and hoping it doesn't arrive "pre-shorted"!

Comment

Happened to me also when I bought a cracked screen TV, moved the SN across and then 7 blinks still. Better to repair your own SN board, change the screws and add heatsinks to prevent from happening again.

The SN board from the cracked screen TV had a short circuit across C482 (one of the long capacitors). There is no repair kit for this kind of repair.

Comment

I received an SN board off of ebay from a "non working tv with a cracked screened" and it did not work. Got a full refund and I sent it to

PTS Electronics, Inc.
            http://www.ptselectronicsinc.com/

they said they could repair it even if it is the IC buffers. I had 6 blinking lights. So we shall see. They just got it yesterday so they should start working on it soon. Will post back here with the details if anything goes wrong. I found them via this site so fingers crossed it works out.

-Scott

Comment

My original board was already worked on by my brother inlaw so thats why I didn't send that in. I knew the buffers where bad on that one, cause he changed the parts but when he started the tv up there were lines and he tried to fix the ribbon cables / lines on tv with it on. A big no no, hahahah

Comment

If the panel ribbons were adjusted with the set powered on, the PDP will almost certainly be damaged and leave your set beyond repair

Comment

what is the PDP, The display panel? I guess its too late now that they received the board. If the SN board is unrepairable I will just take the tv to the recycle center now knowing this little fact.

Comment

Well I got my SN board back and all is good. It's been on for a couple of hours now and working perfect!!!! I highly recommend PTS electronics inc to fix these boards. Cost $75 to fix it and a 6month warranty too!!!!!. I think I will put my non working one on ebay as is and try to get some of my shipping money back from when i sent to PTS. Don't use USPS box to ship it, it was so expensive around $18m highway rip off. Also PTS has free shipping through UPS back to you. Sent on friday got it on monday. Great company.

-Scott

Comment

Originally posted by saxmonster View Post
                      Well I got my SN board back and all is good. It's been on for a couple of hours now and working perfect!!!! I highly recommend PTS electronics inc to fix these boards. Cost $75 to fix it and a 6month warranty too!!!!!. I think I will put my non working one on ebay as is and try to get some of my shipping money back from when i sent to PTS. Don't use USPS box to ship it, it was so expensive around $18m highway rip off. Also PTS has free shipping through UPS back to you. Sent on friday got it on monday. Great company.

-Scott
                      Sounds good. If you consider what you'd have to pay a tech to diagnose, remove, install and warrant the repair, less than a $100 is still good or alternatively the price of a new TV.

Given how rare these would be , I've seen broken boards around $20-30 , would suit those who repair them for business.

Comment

I've used boards from busted screens like buffer boards y-sustain boards and other boards, it's only happened I believe once that a board didn't work.In my opinion if you consider what ppl are spending on these type of boards especially y-sustain boards and buffer boards buying a set with a busted panel usually is a lot cheaper.
                        O ne post mentions that some repair service on ebay ripped them off for their board as long as you don't wait longer then 45 days to complain to ebay and paypal usually you can get your money back but not sure how they handle property theft.I'd think that thy'd compare the value of a new functional board via ebay sellers etc to figure out what a non-functioning board would be worth. Note that if the ebayer doesn't have the funds in their account or get any cash in it ,the purchaser maybe out of pocket.You should at least put in a complaint and comments to try and prevent others from getting ripped off.

Comment

Originally posted by Electronic Handyman View Post
                          O ne post mentions that some repair service on ebay ripped them off for their board as long as you don't wait longer then 45 days to complain to ebay and paypal usually you can get your money back but not sure how they handle property theft.I'd think that thy'd compare the value of a new functional board via ebay sellers etc to figure out what a non-functioning board would be worth. Note that if the ebayer doesn't have the funds in their account or get any cash in it ,the purchaser maybe out of pocket.You should at least put in a complaint and comments to try and prevent others from getting ripped off.

Ebay refused to do anything claiming that repair services aren't covered under any sort of buyer protection. Eventually they caught on to the scam and deactivated the seller's account but not before at least 4-5 of us got screwed.

I'm pursuing it now through my bank. Problem is even if I get the money back I still don't have a board. Anyone have a busted board they want to part with?

If only I had not been an idiot and just gone through PTS.
                          Last edited by 850csi; 05-10-2016, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 850csi View Post
                            Ebay refused to do anything claiming that repair services aren't covered under any sort of buyer protection. Eventually they caught on to the scam and deactivated the seller's account but not before at least 4-5 of us got screwed.

I'm pursuing it now through my bank. Problem is even if I get the money back I still don't have a board. Anyone have a busted board they want to part with?

If only I had not been an idiot and just gone through PTS.
                            I may have one soon.

Comment

Managed to get my hands on a new board that was purportedly a Panasonic repair... Fingers crossed. Haven't tried putting it in yet but there's no continuity across SN2 pins so that's a start!

I'm still terrified that there's something else going on with my TV (or with my installation) that will short a perfectly good SN board. As in here, where apparently SS was causing SN to fail: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23815

An SS board is only $20 - worth getting a new one before testing the new SN board and possibly risking a short? I'm just not sure if last time out the board I used was fried when I got it or was shorted out inside my own TV.
                              Last edited by 850csi; 05-17-2016, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Just to close the loop: I still have no idea if the SS board was actually at fault, but I replaced both the SN and SS boards and everything works great! So glad to have my tv back. Here's hoping it'll last another few years until OLEDs get reasonable.

Comment

Working...
                                X