Samsung 203B Syncmaster monitor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 203B Syncmaster monitor!

So, i don't know much about computer monitors but i am getting into them, i have a Samsung 203b and recently the screen was really hard to see, i don't know if it was the power board or anything but i took it apart and found bad caps, i told my dad to replace em and he did but when i plugged in the power plug the power light kept blinking and one of the caps popped. i don't know if this monitor can be revived but i hope it can and all so yea, i don't know much about caps and all so if you guys know where i can get the ones for this monitor please comment a link?
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung 203B Syncmaster monitor!

several are in backwards.they dont like that and go bang to tell you.
    iirc nte does not sell low esr types.
    panasonic fm are a good,easy to source choice.
    the badcaps store has what you need.so start over with the right parts and remember that the stripe with the - signs goes to the black mark on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
      several are in backwards.they dont like that and go bang to tell you.
      iirc nte does not sell low esr types.
      panasonic fm are a good,easy to source choice.
      the badcaps store has what you need.so start over with the right parts and remember that the stripe with the - signs goes to the black mark on the board.
      i see, so the reason why it popped was because it was on the wrong side? i see and which kit do i need? I really don't know which one is the right one for this power board and thanks! I asked my dad and he said he didn't even know that there was suppose to be a specific side for it

Comment

Originally posted by xkizai View Post
        i see, so the reason why it popped was because it was on the wrong side? i see and which kit do i need? I really don't know which one is the right one for this power board and thanks! I asked my dad and he said he didn't even know that there was suppose to be a specific side for it
        Electrolytic capacitors have polarity. Positive and negative. On the capacitor the side with the stripe on it is negative. On your board the negative side is marked with little stripes and a thicker black curved line. You wanna match up the stripe of the capacitor with the striped side on the board. I sure hope it didn't blow another component. Backwards polarity can be damaging to a power board. Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumberjack777 View Post
          Electrolytic capacitors have polarity. Positive and negative. On the capacitor the side with the stripe on it is negative. On your board the negative side is marked with little stripes and a thicker black curved line. You wanna match up the stripe of the capacitor with the striped side on the board. I sure hope it didn't blow another component. Backwards polarity can be damaging to a power board. Good Luck.
          thanks but what kind of capacitors do i need? that's where i am lost

Comment

Originally posted by xkizai View Post
            thanks but what kind of capacitors do i need? that's where i am lost
            I dont understand what you mean. If you still have the caps that came out
            and if you put the new caps back in the correct places (although the wrong way round) then you have the values (voltage and uf) for a new set.
            Kc8adu has advised you may be able to buy from Badcaps.net and has suggested Panasonic FM (I would say or FR)

If you are still lost then make a list of all the caps you need :voltage , UF and also height and diameter and we will be able to help further.
            We do not have lists of caps for every board even some caps may be changed by the manufacturer on boards with the same number.
            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Working...
            X