Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

42PT353 ZSUS faulty or the panel???

Hello Experts

I didn't want to open a new thread but unfortunately I got no feedback for my posts in an existing thread. Therefore I try to open its own thread and hope for some assistance.

I did already a lot of reading and testing and found a faulty ZSUS board.
    I did also measure the YSUS board that is connected from the ZSUS board. Between Vs and Gnd I got a high resistance value why I thought the Y board should be ok.

I did order a ZSUS board and made an initial measurement to get sure the board is ok. Then I assembled the board and what surprise the board broke again.
    Now I'm a bit lost. Is it possible that the panel is defective and caused a break of the Z board again?
    Is there a way to test/check the panel? Or is probably although the YSUS board faulty?

I would be happy to get some feedback.

Thanks very much.
    Hannesmen

Re: 42PT353 ZSUS faulty or the panel???

What are the symptoms of the failure first dark red hazy image ? Rarely do the Plasma panels fail unless they get cracked.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Well, with the first faulty Z board the image simply stayed black. After a few seconds I could hear a sort of a fizzling (not a clicking) and then the red light turned on again. Obviously, the TV recognizes a problem and starts the protection mode why the TV goes back into the stand-by mode.
      I could locate the fizzling on the Z-sus board. I disassembled and found that it is faulty why I bought a new one.

I assembled the new Z board. For a second I could see a snowing image and they it became black again. Now the TV behaves similar as with the Z board before. It stays black and after a few seconds goes back into the stand-by mode. I checked the Z board again and it is faulty again.

Unfortunately, I did immediately connect the Y board and didn’t check if it works only with the Z board and without the Y board.
      So, if the panel rarely breaks. Probably the Y board causes the break of the Z board? What is the best way to check it? Resistance between Vs and Gnd Show around 0,350 MOhms?

Regards
      Hannesmen
      Last edited by hannesmen; 03-22-2016, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Is it possible that shorts on a panel cause the zsus board to break? I found some faulty diodes and igbts (30F124) and the part RD2004 where I'm not sure if it is a diode or transistor. And this parts failed already a second time now?

Btw, I should mention that before the TV completely broke sometimes after I turned off the TV (when it should go to Stand-by) the image became somehow bright and the TV did not responded any more. I had to plug off the TV for some time until I could start it again.

Thanks for any feedback.

Comment

A search suggests a RD2004 is a Switching Diode.

Comment

Check the signals from CTRL board with a oscilloscope, or replace this board.
            The art of fighting without fighting

Comment

Thanks for your feedback men!

RD2004: I could find a lot of datasheets for RD2004JN, RD2004JS-SB or RD2004LN. But no one dedicated only to RD2004. I have attached pic of the part.

Unfortunately, I have don't have a oscilloscope. But can the CTRL board cause the ZSUS to break in a way that the igbt's get damaged?
              Attached Files

Comment

Did you have all of the screws firmly in place when you turned it on? If you tried to check it with only some of the screws in place, that can cause a failure.

Comment

Honestly, I have to say that I didn't have used one screw to fix it as I turned it on with the new Z board

Do you think this is the reason and probably the TV would work with a new Z board having all screws firmly tighten?

But somehow the same parts failed as those which are also faulty on the old Z board (which was always screwed before it failed)?
                  Last edited by hannesmen; 03-23-2016, 06:34 AM.

Comment

That's why it failed then, sustain boards use local ground for a good reason ! You probably shorted out the fets by not screwing it all down properly. Also have you checked the Ysus for S/C ?
                    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Ahhh, if this is true I could hit myself.

The YSUS board is connected from the Z board. I checked the YSUS and measured a high resistance value (0,350 MOhms) between Vs and Gnd. And most of the IGBTs and diodes which I measured look good. So I have still the assumption that the Y board is good. (But I'm not sure of anything anymore.)

But I can't understand why would exactly the same parts fail only because of missing screws? That is why I thought that maybe a faulty panel caused the same parts to break again? Because I have no clue what else could damage the parts on the Z board?

Comment

Even if the panel was bad it would not kill the sus boards, it would only kill them if it was cracked. The missing screws can do the same. Try a new board mate. Panel failure is very very rare.

Comment

The Mosfets AUK SMK0825 look good to me. I can measure for all Mosfets a working body diode.

Btw, does anyone knows what could cause to break the IGBTs and diodes on the original Z board?

Before I do buy and spend money for a new Z board again I would like to try to replace the faulty parts on it (at least those I discover).
                          If I would get the parts easy it would be worth a try. But after a first search with Google I'm not really confident to get them easy.

So far I found:
                          2x IGBT 30F124
                          2x 3-Pin Diode RD2004 (I can't find exactly this p/n but RD2004LN or RD2004JN)
                          2x Diode has a 88 on the package: Acc. forum should be RF101L4S.

I was looking for a technical document with parts list but failed to find.
                          Does anyone can help with a tech doc for LG42PT353?

Comment

I'm one step further

I wanted to desolder RD2004 but failed ... so I took a cutter as I thought it is bad anyway. But to my surprise the diode is working out of circuit .
                            Anyhow, I need a new as the legs are too short now.

Did the same for the two IGBTs 30F124. And these are bad (lucky me).

I have to ask again, is it really possible that that the missing screws caused to fail the IGBT???

Comment

Yeah it can cause that as the would be grounded.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                                Yeah it can cause that as the would be grounded.
                                Sorry don't understand that?

Comment

If the fets are not grounded (through the screws) they cant conduct properly and actually over conduct and fail. Which is why making sure you put all the screws back into the sus boards is very important.

Comment

@Receey: Thx & I like your motto. Hopefully I will not give up and get my TV working .

Btw, you always say the Fets can get bad without screws. Is this also valid for the IGBTs? Because the Fets on the board are ok and IGBTs are faulty?

Comment

Folks,
                                      I was really digging for a technical or service document with part lists and error handling but failed to find one.

Does anyone can help with a tech doc for LG42PT353 (or a very similar model)?

Comment

All right, after waiting for nearly one month to get the parts I can report a success story.

I did replace the two IGBTs 30F124 and their two driver ICs FAN73711 on my ZSUS board (EBR68342001).
                                        And this time I did tight all the screws of the ZSUS board firmly. And what surprise: the TV is working again .
                                        I have to say that the solder work was very heavy for someone which soldering times are already long time ago.
                                        Especially to solder the driver IC was very tricky work and I wasn’t sure if I did manage it. Probably I will see a cold solder joint quite soon.

And I have the feeling that the TV is buzzing much more than before. The YSUS and also the ZSUS make really noise what is annoying sometimes.

Anyway, THANKS again to every post here!
                                        Last edited by hannesmen; 05-04-2016, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X