Sharp AQUOS 70" LCD model LC-70LE550U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp AQUOS 70" LCD model LC-70LE550U

Peel both away so that flex cable is free from both the panel and the board.
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
      That's your problem. Unfortunately you have got no other choice but to remove that board with those IC's on them.

Just an interesting thought that I have not tried with anybody else's TV nor myself yet. Why don't you try removing just that IC off of the screen and the board leaving the other IC's still attached to the board and the screen. Then plug in the white cable to that side board again and see if you have a good picture. Trying to see what would happen with just one remove instead of all 5 on the side. Regardless that IC must be removed anyway
      Hey Freakaftr8...
      Have you ever looked at the underside of the driver "chip" on the tab cable?
      Is it just a "simple" pad connection going in and going out or are there several pads / connections... is it possible that maybe just scraping off the chip will solve the issue without pulling the flex cables from the panel?

Comment

No. I thought that early and my TV repair life its have cables get warped by the driver IC overheatin. plus the IC's are fused to the ribbons the process of hot bonding and has to be performed with a very expensive machine that is not available to us. You would have to replace the ribbons with the IC'S already embedded into them.

Youtube search for tab bonding repair then you'll see the machine used. It's a pretty elaborate process

Comment

I don't mean repair, I mean just removing the chip itself if that's the point of failure and leave the rest alone. Yes, this won't return the set to "new" but it may stop having to mess with 4-5 cables at the panel side which if someone is "unlucky" could mean "death" to the panel.

Comment

This is true but trying to pop that chip out of that ribbon cable is more of a challenge usually ends up destroying the cable and causing other faults

Comment

No. I thought that early and my TV repair life its have cables get warped by the driver IC overheatin. plus the IC's are fused to the ribbons the process of hot bonding and has to be performed with a very expensive machine that is not available to us. You would have to replace the ribbons with the IC'S already embedded into them.

Youtube search for tab bonding repair then you'll see the machine used. It's a pretty elaborate process
              You can do it with a solder iron will link to the video later.
              Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

This is true but trying to pop that chip out of that ribbon cable is more of a challenge usually ends up destroying the cable and causing other faults
                I don't have access to the boards that I removed, maybe you still have yours kicking around... may the "soldering iron" test on one of those "dead guys" might be an interesting thing... of course if you have nothing else to do... :-)

Comment

Ok I threw caution to the wind and removed the 2 boards. The first image is with the bottom only ribbon cable removed as we were discussing. The upper part of the screen remained distorted.
                  Second picture is with the second ribbon cable removed.

At that point I could see a pattern and just removed the remaining ribbon cables and these two images are the end result.

I think we have a winner folks. Thanks for all your help Bud and freak

I am curious because the ribbon cables seemed not to be complicated. If the ribbon cables could be sourced with the drivers installed, with low temperature solder they may not be that difficult to replace. A steady hand(s) would be a must.
                  Last edited by Olympus620; 11-15-2015, 03:00 PM.

Comment

congrats

Comment

Yes congratulations on the repair I had a hunch that the remaining of the screen would still be dark due to the fact that I believe these cables or these ribbons run in series to some extent. Until somebody comes up with a solid solution of being able to successfully replace a ribbon IC and tab bond, this is our only hope to salvage a otherwise deemed useless panel

Comment

The Sharp's sets look easier to save than others. I have been "broadcasting" the potential for a save on few other forums in an effort to keep more out of e-cycles... but maybe this is cutting down the "opportunities" for non-owners to becomes owners on the cheap... :-)

Comment

Lol. Fitting. Found this on my local craigslist.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ey freak8 I have a lc-80le757u it has a line in the middle of tv horizontal but these drivers are with no boards it is like a regular lcd tv there bit small. The line comes from the right side, the line stops like at the middle just above that. It won't get to the left side .it has 4 drivers. I did disconnect the 2 right t-con cables and it dI'd disapeared but it got darker screen. I don't know how these drivers work ????

Comment

post some pictures of each side of the back of the panel. there are tab driver cables somewhere.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

tough to see due to lighting conditions but maybe the second one shows the brown flex cables if I "understand" the picture. you may have to remove the bezel on one side (hopefully the bad side... where the horizontal line originates from) and get a closer look at the panel edge where the cables are attached.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                                    tough to see due to lighting conditions but maybe the second one shows the brown flex cables if I "understand" the picture. you may have to remove the bezel on one side (hopefully the bad side... where the horizontal line originates from) and get a closer look at the panel edge where the cables are attached.
                                    I'll post more pics tomorrow in day ligth. I need to remove the trim were the driver tab goes.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Does this same issue apply to the 3 short and 1 long blinks? I have a sharp lc-70tq15u where I believe I have a bad panel. I removed the two ribbons from the T-con board and now I have the backlight on both sides of the screen however the left side of the screen is blank and that has the ribbons removed from Tcon board. whats my best course of action to get this tv to come to life again? I noticed earlier in the thread it says remove the small connector on the Tcon board however I believe the TQ,SQ,UQ are slightly different. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Freak your awesome!! I know this thread is 2 years old, but still very helpful! Found the TV on a FB group for free. Got it home followed the directions in the forum, and bammn!! It works like a charm! Thanks again for your knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                          X