LG 50PK790 wont turn on??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 50PK790 wont turn on??

Hi all. Please forgive me for my very limited knowledge, but was hoping for a little help. I have an LG PK790 plasma tv which doesnt work. When i turn the set on the red standby led turns to white, and the screen backlight seems to come on as screen turns grey, but nothing else. When i attempt to change channel the tv is registering the demans as the led flashes. I have replaced capacitors on my previous tv set as i could see they were blown as they were bulging and was hoping it would be as simple but evidently not. Cheers in advance

Re: LG 50PK790 wont turn on??

Hello have you tried running the test patterns ?
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

What is that mate?

Comment

Look up on google how to preform Lg Plasma test patterns. Basically remove the Lvds from Mb to the control board, then bridge the auto gen pins together on the control board and turn the Tv on. If it worked the Tv will display test patterns.
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I'm afraid I don't know what's the ldvs are, and I haven't found a test pattern for my unit. It has a main brown motherboard in the centre, and A brown and green each side. When I turn the unit on, the screen lights up grey for a second and then goes black. I have unplugged both brown boards one at a time, when I unplug the left one I get no grey screen upon turn on, and when I unplug the right one I get almost what I can describe as a red rash across the screen? Still no display. I will upload some pics if that helps?
          Last edited by samcoaker; 05-04-2016, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Posting pictures of the back of your tv showing the boards with clear pictures may help you more with fixing your problem

Comment

If you post an sharp image of the rear of your set showing the circuit boards then the various parts can be identified for you.
              Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Working...
              X