Apple LED Cinema display 24 inch Testing power supply need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple LED Cinema display 24 inch Testing power supply need some help

Hi I'm new to the form. I've worked on electronics for many years but Testing capacitors is something new in my book. My problem is I'm testing the power supply on a Apple Cinema Display. I've confirmed from another website that is definitely the power supply. But when I started testing the capacitors the uf Are higher then the rating on the capacitor so what Does that means they're also bad. I don't think it's my new Multi meter is defective, because The other capacitors on the power supply I tested Are reading within the range. I'm confused of use the search still trying to find anyone else have this problem but I did not see that. I know that if the uf is lower than written on the capacitor I know it's bad but what about being higher. Thank you for any help that you can offer.

Curtis.

Re: Apple LED Cinema display 24 inch Testing power supply need some help

You are in the wrong forum, this is the "general electronics" forum. Try the 'troubleshotting computer dispalys" forum just below the general electronics.

Comment

Re: Apple LED Cinema display 24 inch Testing power supply need some help

Are you testing the caps in circuit? If yes, then other components in the circuit could be affecting your readings. Top down photos of the circuit board would be helpful. Do not post them inline, use the "manage attachments" option to post.

Comment

Working...
      X