hp probook 4720s not powering up. CJ=CL and CP=CK chips burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hp probook 4720s not powering up. CJ=CL and CP=CK chips burning

I'm working on hp probook 4720s . I need your help for these codes of IC: cj=cl and cp=ck

Line1: CK=DC
    Line2: H1Q
    Line3: .

The third line is obviously a "pin 1" indicator. Plugging the codes into Google gives me nothing useful and I have never come across this chip before.

Anybody know what this little guy is?

Re: hp probook 4720s not powering up. CJ=CL and CP=CK chips burning

hello guys!!! i'm waiting for ur answer. anybody know how to read these ic:
    cj=cl and cp=ck???
    thank u

Comment

mate , give us board model , for we can reach schematic , and near this CJ_CL CP:CK , there are maybe some ID , like U20 for ex..
      so please give us board model , is writen on the board itself . and also wich is the ID related to each of does components...
      meanwhile this ID on the chip represent regulators , but for we can be more precise in helping you out , give the the info i requested

Comment

Thank u for answer. here is : S_Intel M/B H9265-4

Comment

Those are Richtek PWM IC markings. I know i had the PDF with the complete codes somewhere around here... I'll be back with more info.

Edit: CJ= is the product code for RT8205AGQW and the other two letters are the date of manufacture.
          CP= is RT8207GQW.

Here is the list: https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...0c114d947f.pdf
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Th3_uN1Qu3; 09-19-2014, 07:23 AM.
          Originally posted by PeteS in CA
          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
          A working TV? How boring!

Comment

thk th3_uniqu# , it will come in handy

Comment

thnx th3_uniqu#. very useful . thnx u very much

Comment

ine1: CK=DC
                Line2: H1Q
                Line3: .

your info is bit fuzy

when u mean lines u mean about pinout of the followig IC ? right ?

Comment

i got satisfaction with th3_uniqu# answer. I thnx u very much

Comment

do they blow after replace them ?

if not , they blowned just once , try replace them

if yes, remove them and see if short is in VIN or in the output capacitors rail.

Comment

yeee
                      I went today to the shop and I had to do the same but it was critical like it burn my finger(that mother^%$£") nvm sry and in order to fix it fast I did not have any time to do it properly I found out the short was for battery line.

if you don't know what side is F*** up and if your lucky like me with bat line cut it off and put a new charging chip.

the client was happy it was running on AC only and was surprise it was done in 50 min.

and ofc the charging port change and new thermal compound.

"I won`t forget you Samsung R60 for burning my finger; I won`t"
                      Last edited by dj_ricoh; 09-20-2014, 01:52 PM.
                      Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

Working...
                      X