Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replacement for 400v, 68µF, D=18mm, L=36(max) SAMXON

Hi,

my hyundai L90D+ monitor failed recently, and I suspect the caps. The PS looks very similar to jazen's (https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7971). I have found low-ESR Frolyt replacements for all the smaller ones on the secondary side and for the backlight-power circuit, but I'm having trouble locating a replacement for the smoothing cap on the primary side. Its a SAMXON 68uF, 400v, with additional markings "T9A" and "KM(M)". it's 16mm in diameter and 32mm long. The PS is tucked into the back of the monitor, which is why this cap is so damned thin. The length can go to 36mm, but the diameter can't go beyond 18mm. I ordered a Rubycon ("RUBYCON - 400BXC68MEFC18X25 - KONDENSATOR,RADIAL,400V,68UF") from a distributor here in Germany, only to discover that I will receive it in April

Anyone have any suggestions?

thanks,

Rob Urban

Re: replacement for 400v, 68uF, D=18mm, L=36(max) SAMXON

Unless the cap has failed, it is usually unnecessary to replace it. Not a common failure.

Toast
    veritas odium parit

Comment

Welcome, rurban!

The electrolytic capacitor you are talking about is a radial lead unit, and a recommended replacement is Nippon Chemi-Con KXJ (12000 hours), KMQ and KLJ, Nichicon PT (5000 hours) and VY, Rubycon BXA (12000 hours) and AXW.
      Please be sure to specify "radial lead" and the correct height and diameter when ordering, because some series (e.g. Nippon Chemi-Con KMQ) are available in radial lead and snap-in units.
      My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

I doubt there are any snap-ins with that diameter.
        "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Working...
        X