Samsung Syncmaster 710v Internal Views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Syncmaster 710v Internal Views

This unit has no probs, actually it is a great budget unit for the office. But lets see some internal pics to check what caps they used.

The monitor is Model 710V C, Model Code : GS17VSSS/EDC, Type No. GH17LS, Made in Slovakia Jan 05

Combination PSU and Inverters board, then separate display board

Combination PSU and Inverters board by Powernet Technology, model : PWI1704SG(A) Rev 1.0
    Attached Files
    Last edited by willawake; 02-09-2006, 02:53 PM.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Re: Samsung Syncmaster 710v Internal Views

All Sam Young Caps KMF, KMG, NXB

display board GS17VS KBN-00516S

17" Panel by Chi Mei Optoelectronics M170E5 -L05
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by willawake
        Made in Slovakia
        Wow

Comment

yep all my samsung made in slovakia. including my beautiful 173p.

Attached Files
          Last edited by willawake; 02-09-2006, 03:01 PM.

Comment

I knew that Samsung manufactures CRT monitors here. Looks like LCDs too.

Comment

any job that goes to EU instead of china is a good thing IMHO. With DVI LCDs 19"+ to be import taxed 14% = more jobs for assembly within EU.

Comment

The power supply looks rather decent. For those who don't know Samyoung, they're an ally of Nippon Chemi-Con.

I am a little bit suspicious of the SE7889 from the font on it - there seems to be no datasheet on it. This chip would be the ADC for the LCD panel. If I sold flat-panel displays, this would be the policy: No DVI (and/or HDMI), no sale - your equipment is only as good as the connection you give it; upgrade your connection before upgrading your equipment.
                My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

its good to know the caps may be ok. The SE7889 might be a Samsung internal part.

If I sold flat-panel displays, this would be the policy: No DVI (and/or HDMI), no sale
                  yes but price is important factor for corporate market. DVI=price uplift. i know people that would be happy to just receive A tft for their desk, no matter if it has DVI or not.

Looking at the present market LG and Samsung 19" value monitors with analog only connection are very nice price at the moment. (about 300 euro). hopefully the prices of the higher specced models will come down eventually.

Comment

One day or another, when high-definition DVD (as well as Vista playing them) comes out, they will only work with DVI/HDMI displays with HDCP. It won't work (or be downscaned) when analog inputs are used.
                    Under consumer laws, it would be considered "goods unfit for intended purpose". The law is on your side. Hollywood is always wanting to plug the analog hole - it would be a burden on local computer builders...
                    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Originally posted by japlytic
                      The power supply looks rather decent. For those who don't know Samyoung, they're an ally of Nippon Chemi-Con.
                      Thnx for the heads up, found Samyoung in a car amplifier that was dead, with the UCC rectangular logo... Thought they where fake but now I know better ;-)
                      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by japlytic
                        A taiwanese daughter company? A little like Taicon and Nichicon?

In your experience, would it be safe to assume that Sam Young's capacitors be of comparable quality to Nippon/Chemicon's?

Comment

Samyoung are actually Korean. What does the Latin in your sig mean?
                          The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

forget the latin, google is your friend who is the chick in the avatar

Comment

Originally posted by willawake
                              who is the chick in the avatar?
                              Well, you see... I wanted to make myself a few stylish avatars with this new and improved Photoshop CS2, but I'm no Leonardo da Vinci, so I figured I'd be better off starting from, and tweaking, an existing DNA-based template, specifically, a human.

I first planned to attack my wife with the Nikon, but she's still a little shy about it... so until she agrees, I'm afraid we'll have to settle for Laetitia Casta.

Comment

Been working on lcd screens in the 20 to 30" size.
                                They are designed very similare to that samsung but with twelve tubes and a six stage dual inverter array.
                                By the way, these can be picked up for about $30 bucks each.
                                Find one with bad board and one with cracked screen, mix together and watch TV.
                                Jim

Comment

I've one of these monitors to repair, the power supply on the same board of the inverter doesn't work. When you switch it on all the leds go lighted and after few seconds go off. I've already changed all the caps. I also need the technical data sheet. If anybody can help pls reply
                                  Fabbry

Comment

I may have a good reman power supply for this monitor, I just bought a large lot of powersupplies for plasma dlp and lcd sets from a company that went out of business

Comment

How can I open the Samsung Monitor SyncMaster 710v? I have a problem : the switch ! The monitor don't go on and the green led is off ! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by squiky View Post
                                        How can I open the Samsung Monitor SyncMaster 710v?
                                        Pry it apart like so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul5LhuCT1y8
                                        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
                                        X