Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing caps for 7300GS video Card

Hi Guys,

My card has 4 caps marked as FZ6C 1000 6.3V which have gone bad (disharge leaking from the bottom).

I need to replace them I searched your forum and found this thread
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6021

The problem is that the links in the above mentioned thread referring to replacing the caps from ebay, is no longer valid. Can you please let me know what alternate caps I can use and where I can get hold of them?

Thanks

Re: Replacing caps for 7300GS video Card

Sacon FZ 6.3V 1000uF is 8x12mm, 1150 ripple, 0.036 ESR

Based on that, Rubycon MBZ 6.3V 1000uF is an excellent replacement. The site owner sells them:
    https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=48

Comment

Sacon FZ are crap.
      Sacon used to be GSC.

Sanyo WG, Rubycon MBZ, Panasonic FM or FJ or FL are all good.
      [Watch the height.]
      Using a 10v caps is okay.
      Note: LOTS of fake Sanyo and some fake Panasonic on eBay lately.

Are you on Jupiter or Pluto because this site is intergalactic and where to get caps depends on where you are.
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

Remember, replace ALL Szcon FZ, even if they are not yet bulging, since they are guarranteed to fail in the future.
        I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Thanks guys. I just ordered the caps.

Comment

All the Sacons on my EVGA FX5200 blew, and EVGA switched to Sam Young for later versions of their cards. "Good" choice, as demonstrated by these 2 1/2 year-old 1500uF Sam Youngs (brown ones in the background, propped up behind the Sanyo replacements) on my EVGA 6200LE PCI-E card:

Every non-bulging Sam Young on that board measured no more than 0.02 ohms.
            Last edited by larrymoencurly; 04-22-2010, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X