HP 2009V monitor Goes black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 2009V monitor Goes black

Hi, I am having an issue with my HP 2009v monitor , it works for about 30 seconds then flickers a bit and goes black, if i switch off then back on it comes back on and then does the same again.

Any help would be most appreciated, and I believe it could be a problem on the power or the Inverter ????

Thanks in advance
    Dave

Re: HP 2009V monitor Goes black

Originally posted by DsoftDave View Post
    Hi, I am having an issue with my HP 2009v monitor , it works for about 30 seconds then flickers a bit and goes black, if i switch off then back on it comes back on and then does the same again.

Any help would be most appreciated, and I believe it could be a problem on the power or the Inverter ????

Thanks in advance
    Dave
    While it is taking a bit longer, this appears to be an example of 'Two seconds to black'. There are 4 main causes of the problem - bad capacitors, bad transformer, bad CCFLs or the leads for the CCFLs, or a problem in the protection circuitry.

One test can be performed without even opening the monitor. Set up your computer to display a mainly white screen - Paint with a white background, for example. Turn off the monitor, wait for 15 minutes, then turn it back on. If there is a pinkish tinge in any area that quickly fades to white, you are dealing with aging CCFLs.

Beyond that, the best approach is to open the monitor up, take pictures of the power supply/inverter, and ATTACH them to you next post. Use 'Manage Attachments' - below the text entry area.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
    X