planar pt1704a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planar pt1704a

Had this thing sitting around and thought I'd see if anyone had a general idea of what'd be wrong with it. Monitor turns on(no display) and the power light flashes. When I hit menu the screen looks like in the pics attached. Caps inside look good and I think are a good quality cap, although the monitor is fairly old by now. Forgot to take pics of the board earlier but I can take some later.
    Attached Files

Re: planar pt1704a

Originally posted by chaosoffar View Post
    Had this thing sitting around and thought I'd see if anyone had a general idea of what'd be wrong with it. Monitor turns on(no display) and the power light flashes. When I hit menu the screen looks like in the pics attached. Caps inside look good and I think are a good quality cap, although the monitor is fairly old by now. Forgot to take pics of the board earlier but I can take some later.
    Bad driver or bad ribbon cable on the LCD panel. Generally regarded to be unrepairable without expensive specialized equipment.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Re: planar pt1704a

Alright, thanks for the help. Kinda suspected that when I shelved it a ways back.

Comment

Working...
      X