X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP LCD Replacement FET's

Hello,
    I love this place...

Well on to the question.. I am repairing a HP LCD monitor and the FET's are bad. The Part number is NIKOS P5506BDG ( )

I was wondering if it would be okay to replace that part with a Fairchild Semicoductor NDB5060L ( ) The parts have similar characteristics.

Or do you know where I can find the Original NIKOS FET?

FYI: I have already replaced all the Caps on the power supply with Rubycon caps.

Thanks in advance,
    Michael

Re: HP LCD Replacement FET's

I would consider IRF540s,higher voltage and current rating,easily obtained,and have used these in this type of application as replacements, with no problems.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      Any particular manufacturer? I see the IRF540 supplied by Vishay, Harris and several others. Mouser has Vishay and Fairchild, Newark has Vishay and International Rectifier. Jameco does not list the manufacturer. Digikey has several vendors as well.

Thanks again,
      Michael

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Just a minor detail.... you posted your question in the wrong section. The "Troubleshooting Computer Displays" section would probably have gotten you more responses. However, if you're located in the USA and do decide to purchase the IRF540, then buy them through digikey because they offer dirt cheap shipping via USPS First Class Mail. Typically, it's around $2.50-$2.75 and they process your order fast!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion as I will order the replacement parts tonight from Digikey

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
            Welcome to the forum! Just a minor detail.... you posted your question in the wrong section. The "Troubleshooting Computer Displays" section would probably have gotten you more responses. However, if you're located in the USA and do decide to purchase the IRF540, then buy them through digikey because they offer dirt cheap shipping via USPS First Class Mail. Typically, it's around $2.50-$2.75 and they process your order fast!
            If your looking to repair this screen do not use what you recommended. IRF540 was way to big of a mosfet. almost double the size. Tried to make it fit and ended up breaking the whole board.

Comment

Sad to hear you busted up the board
              The P5506BDG is a DPAK (TO-252) package, electrically it's 60V, 10A, 55mohm, 32W, logic level. So a TO-220 package part (IRF540) is plain wrong
              What I think might work:
              STD20NF06L looks like a good substitute.
              MTD3055VL has slightly higher on-resistance but otherwise a close match.

Comment

Working...
              X