OCZ Vertex 2 panic mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCZ Vertex 2 panic mode

hey guys, i have a 128gb ssd in panic mode... anyone have any ideas how to fix it? its not being detected by the BIOS and its clearly a firmware issue.

Steps i have tried to fix it:
    Test in various computers - the Power and Activity lights stay stuck on.
    Desolder EEPROM - Well now i know its a firmware issue :P

My next step would be to try and read the contents of the EEPROM and see what i find, might lead somewhere might not. it also has a TTL serial port but i dont have a RS232 to TTL converter so i cant use it.

From what i understand i will either need to get the binary file somehow from the update utility or take it off an unbricked Vertex 2.

Does anyone have any experience/help with these ssd's (its the old sandforce 12xx series with the sleep bug)

Re: OCZ Vertex 2 panic mode

well i just did a quick check and i couldn't do anything with windows updater (stupid downloader, typical)

but there is bootable linux version that is 50mb heavy, i guess it includes firmware files inside, i couldn't extract it either on windows, but you can try burning it to thumb drive, booting up and check if you can then extract the dump

Comment

Re: OCZ Vertex 2 panic mode

Sounds like the board may be fubar.
      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
      X