• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I have so many questions ;_;

Comment

Hi I'm Vince from Frederick, MD, USA. I love electronics and try my best to fix things.

Comment

Hi

I am a Pac Man type old guy with limited knowledge other than a little thru hole PCB repair on Pac Man boards.

I found this forum thru bad caps on Samsung PN50A550-S1F repair.

Found some help and thought this would be a good place to hang out!

Comment

Hi guys im new to this . Tinker with tvs for a hobby and always learning. Afterj reading and getting valuable information from this site for years thought its tome to join so thanks again for the oppurtunity to be be a member and keep good things like this site going ..

Comment

My name is Greg and I'm a nube when it comes to Electronics. I'm also a bit of greenie and am sick of throwing out failed electronics. It's a pity professional repairs cost so much! I have a Dell 1800FP which seems to have the power issues fairly well described in this forum. Since the components are fairly cheap I'll have a go myself following the fixes suggested. I'm a little worried about soldering, but I see a few tutorials on the net so I'll watch them first.

Comment

New member needing help occasionally on mac power supplies
              thanks for the help up front guys, forums are the way to learn from others who are willing to share.
              larry

Comment

Hi guys, Josh here. Am working on fixing an xbox 360 with the red ring of death, and was just looking for help with what I suspect to be blown capacitors. This seems like the place to be!

-Josh

Comment

Hi, I have been into arcade games since they came into existence. I want to learn to keep flat panels repaired for arcade and home use

Comment

Well i signed up to try to figure out what could be wrong with my tv and you all seem pretty smart

Comment

Hi, i'm alan carpenter & joiner looking to fix my third tv (goodmans LD3265D1). I just like trying to fix things rather than throw them away.

Comment

Hi My name is John and I live in Birmingham UK. This looks like a very helpfull and friendly site.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'm a small electronics repair store owner in Florida looking to help, as well as, get help from the community. We specialize, mostly, in cell phone and computer repair but also do televisions as well.

Comment

Quick hello from a newbie! I have no electronics back ground but am firm believer in fixing whats broke! Shop jimmy sent me here as i have question about repairing a philips tv that i dont want to junk. So here i am in hopes to find an answer to my problems....i hope!! Thanks for invite!!

Comment

Hey Guys.

Hoping you fine people can assist me in repairing my Panasonic plasma television.

Comment

Hi, my name is Cody and I live in the DFW area. Found this forum while trying to find info about my TV that just quit working a few days ago. Found the site very helpful, now just trying to get the correct part numbers to order the components.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi there, I'm from the Space Coast area of Florida. Always prefer fixing something instead of replacing it, and this forum seems like a great resource for the electronics stuff.

Cheers!

Comment

Hi there,

I'm Andre and last week I bought a used laptop.
                                    The seller unfortunately did not say that the Bios is locked.
                                    Therefore, I can not install anything. :-(

I hope that someone here can help me to generate a recovery bios password.

kind regards

Comment

Introduction.
                                      I an electronics engineer by trade, a friend passed me a broken LCD TV that I could have.
                                      I was about to pay the $80 for the replacement board when I found this site. I would rather pay a few dollars if I might benefit from a little advice from forum experts.

Thanks,

Steve Carter, Oceanside CA

Comment

Hi There;

I'm a service technician of sorts in the AV dept in a large museum by the standards of this country.
                                        I hope to gain a bit of insider knowledge by visiting here and I may just get my Plasma TV working in the process.

Cheers
                                        Scott.

Comment

Hello All,

"The best online community for component level repair and computer technical assistance" sounds like home to me. I am not a trained or professional tech. I am an accountant with regrets, who also has an addiction to seeing if he can fix things for the thrill of it. During 15 years of my success rate slowly climbing above the mendoza line, I've learned the wisdom of seeking the advice of those who know and are kind enough to share. If I can, and feel confident it might help, I will share info and/or advice - but I would hate to subject some innocent forum member to repeating my mistakes, so I might 'lurk' a bit. I have had the 'sickness' since around 2001, in its most consuming form: Hi-Fi. The addiction started out innocently as an occasional 70's silver face resurrection from a thrift store. It was fun, and I felt cool. But pretty soon I was doing 3-a-day estate-sales, constant auctions (not just on-line auctions, I was on the hard stuff: live auctions), surplus you name its, and even ...oh god this is bad - computer recycling/scrapping centers. I will never go to rehab, though. Rehab is for quitters!

Audiokarma has been my top lurk-n-learn forum. I learned stereo repair from the guys there. I won't name drop, but some of those dudes are practically deities to a permanoob like myself. But overall friendly, funny, and many contributors are very solid technically. So far it seems the same description fits this forum as well. I'm here looking to broaden my horizons and break more expensive gear beyond just stereos, which a guy can't hardly find anymore anyway. I might be in the wrong place though. Meaning: might end up fixing a piece here and there if I hang around here much more.

Thank all of you very sincerely, in advance, for all of your time spent sharing with those of us who need all the help we can get.

Cheers!,
                                          LVW

Comment

Working...
                                          X