Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lamp with expensive bulb go out?dont toss it mod it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lamp with expensive bulb go out?dont toss it mod it!

got this free.
    takes a wierd bulb that costs $25+ delivered.
    hmmm aluminum reflector?
    perfect heatsink for 6 luxeon k2 led's.
    they are set up in 3 pairs of 2 with 10 ohm 2w resistor in series with each pair.runs from 12v now so useful for power right off +12 in the pc or off my solar setup.even runs several hours off a 4ah pack i use with my ft-817.
    Attached Files

Re: lamp with expensive bulb go out?dont toss it mod it!

What's with the AK 47? Modding it?

Comment

yes.
      it was in the shop for the gamer kids to take their avatar pics with.they are trying to look mean.
      ak needs a trigger kit to fix kickback.

Comment

I need and AK 47. The problem is that I live in a state where that weapon is illegal. Maryland is a Pussy state! I don't ever see open carry laws being passed here.
        "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
        Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
        John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
        Rod Serling

Comment

great mod. you done well.
          My pc
          CPU : AMD PHENOM II x4 @ 3.5Ghz
          MB : ASUS M4A89TD PRO USB3
          RAM : Kingston ValueRAM 16gb DDR3
          PSU : Cooler Master 850W Silent Pro
          GPU : ATI Radeon HD 6850

Comment

the guy that donated it came back and saw what i did.he is also studying to get his ham ticket.and has a modded 12v ups with a powerpole panel in it.he wanted it back so he got it for about what the parts cost.got 2 of the small ones with the little halogen bulb in them.they get modded next.

Comment

Working...
            X