Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of "Failure" does this look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What type of "Failure" does this look like?

My friend is selling their TV for parts and I wanted to help fix it so they didn't have to scrap it. I've seen Tcon failures before but not in gray scale with that large of bands. Does this look like a panel failure? It is an LG 55" but I don't know the model. Just getting this thread started but I won't get a chance to go over to look at it until this weekend to pop it open and try to clean the connections and check to see if they are solid. Just wanted to get a head start if anyone has seen one like this before. Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Teflonbandit; 06-16-2016, 08:44 AM.

Re: What type of "Failure" does this look like?

Looks like panel failure to me. Try disconnecting the ribbons to the panel from the Tcon, one at a time.

Comment

Agreed on panel failure.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Sure this isn't a plasma ? I've seen a similar fault in an LG plasma that had shorted buffer fets.
        Last edited by mmartell; 06-17-2016, 03:18 AM.

Comment

With the symptom going the whole way across the display, you may possibly have a T-con failure. It's 50/50, but would be worth it to substitute a T-con to check. Usually if you have that same symptom in only a portion of the display, then it is 98% a display failure.

Comment

Well, Thanks for the replies. I'm gonna smack my buddy up side the head. Stopped by this weekend and he was actually wanting to buy this tv and just forwarded me the picture. How do you delete a post? Sorry for wasting time. I was actually looking forward to trying to fix it on the cheap.

Comment

Working...
            X