file copying problem while loading windows xp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

file copying problem while loading windows xp

many times while loading windows xp a massage comes that it can't copy file even with a fresh cd .

can any one knows the reasons of the problem and the solution?

Re: file copying problem while loading windows xp

Bad CD, bad drive or bad cable. If it's always the same file then it's most likely the CD.

Just because a CD is "fresh" doesn't mean it's any good. Try a better brand of CDR and/or a different burner.

If it's a pressed CD try a couple more drives and if it still doesn't work return it.

Comment

could be bad ram or too aggressive ram settings. run memtest86+
      capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

It could be a good burn and a good burner, If you are using a burned copy of windows, i have seen times that nero does something when burning CD's and it does not work with some systems or roms. Try burning the CD with a program other then nero if you used that.

Comment

nero is shit, has been since 6.xxx when they started adding junk.

use imgburn.
          http://www.imgburn.com/

Comment

I run into that when working on older computers.

Most times its lense is buggered, so you can try air, some times cable not often for me. when all else fails and you know the cd is good, its bad drive, i have dropped one or two and they usually dont servive, if they do, not long or has issues reading/wr

one of those, was a cdrw/dvd combo, it stopped reading dvds but cd/rw was perfectly fine....

Comment

i have seen two other errors that have had problems too. one was that the system could not startup because the parameters were not set or incorrect or something like that. It happened to be because of the ROM. funny thing was that the rom was good. It just errored out when installing windows. Used it after the install and no problems with it after that. just hooked up another rom for the install then hooked the old one back up.

the other one i love is when you get an error of unmountable boot volume??? (cant really remember now), but i do remember that it was a BSOD while trying to install XP. The drive and everything else will work fine, but you get that error because you use a 40 pin cable and not an 80 pin cable.

Comment

Originally posted by kaniki
                but you get that error because you use a 40 pin cable and not an 80 pin cable.
                LOL

Comment

I know its kinda funny, but actually true. I have a friend that had XP on his system. This was back when it first came out. I am figuring, it has XP, just getting corrupt so should be an easy reinstall. Put the XP CD in, reformatted, started the install process then next thing i know, I'm getting a BSOD. I'm like, what the heck?? Try it again from square on.. same thing again. even tried a different hard drive, still the same, different rom, still the same. Go online and look it up. Sure enough , Its right there. took the 40 pin cable off, put an 80 pin one on, started right up. and the sad part is there was nothing wrong with the cable and wahat made it even weirder was that it installed on that ribbon the first time that it was installed and there was nothing wrong with the cable either. Needless to say, i was scratching my head. Logically you would think that it would not make any difference, but it did. That had to be one of the stupidest reasons for it to error out that i have ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                  X