No announcement yet.

Just got my 50MHz differential probe, I need suggestions for extra test leads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got my 50MHz differential probe, I need suggestions for extra test leads

Possibly one of my happier moments as professional repair man, is by getting this differential probe PINTEK DP-50 even as used, which is capable to handle RMS voltage of Mains (x100), and up to three phase system (x200).
    Plus for electronics up to 1.1KV RMS (x500) & 2.3KV RMS at (x1000).

For electrical measurements I am good to go with test leads that I own all ready, as for example professional HV large alligator clips.

What I am expecting as suggestions is any recommendation of specialized HV test probes, which helps more in measurements in electronics.

In the positive side of things, I would say that my GW Instek GDS-2102A oscilloscope inputs, are now safe.
    Probes Isolation issue is solved for good.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kiriakos GR; 03-15-2014, 06:34 PM. Reason: More images

Re: Just got my 50MHz differential probe, I need suggestions for extra test leads

I came across two accessories made by PINTEK that may be useful to you for your newly acquired DP-50. See what you think of them...

PINTEK BP-266: HV IC Clips. These are rated to 6500V (DC + AC p-p)
    PINTEK BP-366: HV banana to banana plug cables (UL20KV)

The LeCroy AP031 HV differential probe that I own can handle 1400V maximum, so my HV test cabling requirements are less stringent than yours. The test leads/probes that came with my AP031 work quite well and securely clip onto component leads or wires (for hands-free HV measurements).

Comment

Re: Just got my 50MHz differential probe, I need suggestions for extra test leads

Hi Mate,

After gettiing the probe with out HV cables and HV test leads, I did discovered how dificult is to replace them.

By reading the user manual I did discovered the actual spesifications of those accesories.

I did manage to get parts for making my own copy of PINTEK BP-366: HV banana to banana plug cables (UL 20KV)

But nothing comes close to PINTEK BP-266: HV IC Clips ( 6500V DC + AC p-p)
      Instead loosing my smile, I did get insted 1000V RMS probes which are suficient for general use.

Currently I am trying to find a supllier for those BP-266 but is not easy.

The lesson for this story is that if your apllications are exlusivly HV and higher than 1KV RMS, the probe and these special HV test leads they should always come together.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fpliuzzi View Post
        The LeCroy AP031 HV differential probe
        If you have not visit this link yet, you better save the pictures as reference about it internal parts. http://bardagjy.com/?p=1664

Comment

Originally posted by Kiriakos GR View Post
          If you have not visit this link yet, you better save the pictures as reference about it internal parts. http://bardagjy.com/?p=1664
          Thanks for the link

Comment

My 20KV silicone wire just arrived, I got three meters (10ft) and I feel lucky all ready about making my own custom length of wires .
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X