Confused with 22mf Caps on soyo sy-p4vgm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused with 22mf Caps on soyo sy-p4vgm

I was given a computer with this soyo motherboard. Although some cleaning here and there, it works nicely, but i did not trust the caps despite no bulging neither visible bad symptom.

As i'm used to do, i got new caps and replaced them one by one. Now, happens that this motherboard takes 4 caps od 22mf*25v, i could replace correctly 3 of them, but i actually seems i confused the other one by a 10mf or a 100mf, that's the reason i wish to ask if anyone could let me know the proper location of the 22mf caps as i actually i have to replace a mistakenly placed one by one of 22mf. At this point, i didn't yet solder them so i fixing this mistake means just taking the wrong one and placing the correct one wherever it has to be done..
    Last edited by madscientist132; 06-10-2016, 07:13 AM.

Re: Confused with 22mf Caps on soyo sy-p4vgm

You should post some photos of the motherboard in question.
    What are the new caps?
    There is more than four caps on that motherboard.
    Do you mean 2200mf or 22mf caps?

Comment

Re: Confused with 22mf Caps on soyo sy-p4vgm

Thank you very much.

I had solved the problem learning that i did not misplace the caps, actually when i soldered them a drop of soldering wire went beyond it's trace close to the 12v connector for the processor and that short circuited the board. now i'm running the computer without any issue so i believe i have no further problems to ask for help.

Comment

Working...
      X