Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: toshiba regza no picture

I posted before tom explained.

Have you tried right clicking the exe and going to properties, then finding in properties wher eit says compatibility mode, and selecting windows xp

(that is if your using windows vista / 7)

If windows xp compatibility mode doesnt work you could try win 98
    Fixed so far 12 lcd's , 1 plasmas, 5 monitors, 0 dlp's (plan to keep the dlps at 0). and 3 atx power supplies, and 2 motherboards.

Comment

Originally posted by cashkennedy View Post
      Hehe sorry it was just a joke about mac people being idiots (wasnt aimed at you in particular as im pretty sure you have a PC)

What file ending is the file you downloaded?

Or does the file you downloaded from elektro tanya just have an exe that the manual is part of?
      Hey sos 4 my reply its been a very long day 4 me & now our lass is doing my head in..its a programme with a patch aswell inorder to view this manual
      So heres what ive done with this zeus setup
      Installed DWF viewer
      Installed the zeus programme then did the patch..when try to open the mainboard manual i get this error
      Attached Files
      Last edited by sienoki; 04-21-2012, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Hi - i can feel the heat over here.
        If you have got the RAR file in winrar
        Double click on html folder

It will then have Images folder and files below
        About 6 down there is one called !adj-sm.html
        Double click on it

Is that what you need for now?

Dont explode if its not
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
          Hi - i can feel the heat over here.
          If you have got the RAR file in winrar
          Double click on html folder

It will then have Images folder and files below
          About 6 down there is one called !adj-sm.html
          Double click on it

Is that what you need for now?

Dont explode if its not
          Thx alot fella..that worked a treat..now to figure it out

Comment

Originally posted by sienoki View Post
            Thx alot fella..that worked a treat..now to figure it out
            So because this board came from a 37" model & its installed in a 32" the panel data needs changed,,im a little stuck here as i dont want to mess owt up..heres some info on it & would appreciate if any1 has had to change these settings before ..thx
            Attached Files

Comment

Do you still have the TV open?

Look at the sticker on the back of the LCD panel. It will tell you model code and probably option numbers.

Maybe try putting the old board back in, with the menus accessible, and copying down the panel config?
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                Do you still have the TV open?

Look at the sticker on the back of the LCD panel. It will tell you model code and probably option numbers.

Maybe try putting the old board back in, with the menus accessible, and copying down the panel config?
                So ive put old board back in & service menu open is it only OPT4 & OPT5 being the vendor & size that need to be noted down..thx
                These are the readings
                OPT4 02D4H FEH 11111110B
                OPT5 02D5H FEH 11111110B

Shall i just input them settings cos i carnt figure out the conversion table..thx
                These are the adjustments..sorry its a large file
                Attached Files
                Last edited by sienoki; 04-21-2012, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Manual
                  Panel option data is subject to OPT4 and OPT5.
                  I would guess that only OPT4 and OPT5 would therefore matter.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hmm?

OPT4: Encodes panel as a Samsung. (Nice! Most Toshibas have crap CMO panels.)

OPT5: Encodes size as 37" (doesn't seem right, however this probably doesn't matter too much as screen size is less crucial.) Backlight status is POSITIVE, status check is ENABLED, and the backlight is "forced twice" - whatever that means.

Comment

Do post a picture of the panel sticker on the back of the TV.

Comment

Hmm?

OPT4: Encodes panel as a Samsung. (Nice! Most Toshibas have crap CMO panels.)

OPT5: Encodes size as 37" (doesn't seem right, however this probably doesn't matter too much as screen size is less crucial.) Backlight status is POSITIVE, status check is ENABLED, and the backlight is "forced twice" - whatever that means.
                        The 32" screen vendor is SHARP
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by sienoki; 04-21-2012, 03:09 PM.

Comment

The 32" screen vendor is SHARP
                          Are you sure does it say that on panel?

Comment

Are you sure does it say that on panel?
                            Ive inputed them readings but they are not saving..not sure if theres a save button on remote after making adjustments

Comment

Ive inputed them readings but they are not saving..not sure if theres a save button on remote after making adjustments
                              Interesting - Sharp do make nice LCD panels.

Maybe try MENU or OK?

Comment

Interesting - Sharp do make nice LCD panels.

Maybe try MENU or OK?
                                Shouldnt any changes made in service mode be stored in EPROM?
                                Theres no factory reset in manual so im stumped

Comment

Shouldnt any changes made in service mode be stored in EPROM?
                                  Yes, probably... I'm not sure to be honest.

Comment

Yes, probably... I'm not sure to be honest.
                                    Nevermind it was worth a bash..i did a 100mile round trip to get this donor 37"

Comment

Have you read through the service manual in detail?

I don't know everything about TVs - far from it. In fact I have only repaired one Toshiba LCD and that was a dead easy fix (laying down the TV and loosening the screws.)

Comment

Have you read through the service manual in detail?

I don't know everything about TVs - far from it. In fact I have only repaired one Toshiba LCD and that was a dead easy fix (laying down the TV and loosening the screws.)
                                        Ive only looked at the service settings part from how Selldoor told me..im not messing with that zeus shite as it played havock with my security..theres a service port on board but would need proper kit to mess with that & there dosnt seem to be any available firmware..

Are you studying at leeds uni for a term or just a flying visit?
                                        I drive the 56 bus route outside the uni & headingly..pm me when you come i owe you a few beers for helping us out on a few sets

Comment

the zeus program is needed to beable to read this toshiba manual..its not the same as all others from ET..
                                          Yep spot on,

For PC

Install Zeus ,right click on the HTML ,file open with Internet Explorer ,
                                          Allow Active X Control ......job done,If it still don,t open IE's security level is to high... lower it !

Hope the following clears a few mysteries up

Got another board for my 37"........Board is marked 32,Vendor said it was from a 37...wrong.
                                          (sticker in one corner)
                                          Similar result as the pics above, except worse .....mines definately been on acid !!
                                          Wuhow trippy
                                          Using the manual config guide...bloody confusing ,and i am not new to this..
                                          And hours of trying to program my 32 board with the correct codes,
                                          In the service mode selected 37av555 (LG screen)
                                          Displays all settings correctly,save by switching off and .......
                                          Yes back to 32AV555 settings ..arrgg
                                          Then swapped the dead board 37 eprom to the working (sort off) 32 board
                                          SAME result...it loaded up the 32" settings.......????
                                          Conclusion 1
                                          the main config settings are not stored in that eprom,(ic151)
                                          It only stores user settings.
                                          Conclusion 2
                                          You cannot swap 32,37,OR 42 ,boards..they are flashed on manufacture,(that maybe stored into an onchip flash rom on the micro).
                                          Note the white sticker on the board 32 or 37
                                          Just bought a cracked screen 37 on ebay for £40..
                                          Cant be arsed to spend anymore valuable time on this one !!
                                          Last edited by S2udio; 04-21-2012, 05:44 PM.
                                          Most of the time things ain't what they seem to be

Comment

Working...
                                          X