Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Motherboards with Bad Capacitors > ECS - EpoX - Gigabyte
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2007, 10:56 AM   #1
tawcain

Default bad caps on ECS l7vmm3

does anyone have experience with this board?, it has the cpu permanently on the board ,the board would not post, all that happened was the cpu fan and psu fan would attempt to move and then nothing. after finding this site i replaced 5 buldging caps and 2 non bulding caps following the rules elsewhere on forum, still nothing, the only time i can get the fans to spin is if i remove one of the psu wire harnesses from the board (the harness with 4 wires 2 yellow and 2 black i think its for the cpu power),if i power switch psu on and hit the power button with that harness detached the psu and cpu fan spin when i attach it back no fan spin just a faint movement of the fan blades,samething with known working psu's. any help?
tawcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:05 AM   #2
Rainbow
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: Slovakia
Default Re: bad caps on ECS l7vmm3

Most probably, there is a MOSFET shorted.
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:03 PM   #3
tawcain

Default Re: bad caps on ECS l7vmm3

thanks for your reply

i was afraid of that ,should i get the numbers off of it or them (mosfets)and see if there is a local substitute part for it.? i will read thru the forums for mosfets .
tawcain is offline   Reply With Quote