Sony LCD KDL-37W5500 - 8 times blink red

Hello to everyone, i have a problem with this Sony LCD

Sony KDL-37W5500
    Chassis EX2L
    MAINBOARD: 1-878-942-22
    PANEL: T370HW02
    Audio Amp: TAS5602
    Sound System: CXA3785R-T6
    main CPU: EMMA3 (under heat sink should be MB91F313APMC-GE1)
    Power Supply: G4, MB91F313APMC-GE1

When i try to turn it on it clicks relay, blinks 1x Green Led, then it shuts down and blinks 8x Red Led.
    Looking at service manual it should be an Audio Error. When i try to enter Self Diagnostic Menu it just wont light up the screen. I do the sequence "I+" "5" "V-" "Power" and it powers up regularly 1xgreen 8x red, black screen.

From power supply i get all the voltages, except that 15V is 17.4V constant, but at the moment of powering it overshoots at 24V briefly.
    Also i don't get D3.3V voltage. I have 12V on regulator BD9540EFV, but enable pins 3 and 12 are held too low on 1.6V, and it need at least 2.2V to enable output, so i dont have 3.3V, only 0,7V.
    DVDD 3.3v is logic supply, so i dont get how CPU gets logic levels from ICs when there is no Logic Supply...

When i measure the power for audio amplifier TAS5602DCAR it should be 13V i suppose, but it gets 17.4V, from the CON1300 pins 4 and 5. It is ok for that IC, it works on voltages until 30V, but I worry if that does not affect some other processes.
    Fault signal from audio amp is on PIN19 and it is 3.3V that is HIGH and it suggests Normal Operation.
    On sound system IC CXA3785R-T6 pin44 the VFAULT signal is LOW 0.7V, that is too normal operation.
    But on audio amp pin18 RESER is held in LOW and it does not go to HIGH to get out of the reset mode. That pin is controlled by main CPU signal X_SP_Mute.
    On sound system IC CXA3785R-T6 pin43 X_Protect output is LOW 0.4V that means ERROR.
    In datasheet it says X_PROTECTOUT outputs ā€œLā€ when input voltage (SPxP/N) become under 3.0V.
    That is on pins 61-62 and 63-64, and if I understand right it needs to have 3+ V DC to output High Normal signal?
    Isnt that a bit too high to have on speakers? I measure 0V DC there, and 25mV AC.

What do you think can be the main problem and solution for this ?
    I exclude replacing whole board

This is the board picture, service manual and datasheets for ICs
    https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...4ea5bf553a.pdf
    Attached Files

Re: Sony LCD KDL-37W5500 - 8 times blink red

Is the 15V generated by the PSU? I'd check there are no cold joints on any of the caps. Most Sony have over voltage protection so this is probably what is causing the shut down.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yes, 15V is generated by PSU. And it is 17.4V. I can not find a PSu shematics anywhere... in Sony service manual it says that it is not manufactured by Sony, and so there is no schematics. I saw something on forum about zener diode in over voltage protection, but I did not locate it PSU. PSU is 3H267W PSC10270F
      Last edited by mijatovic86; 09-11-2012, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Can you upload a picture of the PSU? I'll highlight some areas to test. Does PSU say SONY on it?
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

It is PSU like this

I more think that the problem is in the main board than the PSU, except that 17,4V...
          i ordered the power amp. the TAS Ic...
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm not so convinced it's the power amp. I believe 8 blinks does code for audio error but can also code for over voltage detect. Which could occur because the PSU is faulty. The 15V should be well regulated, but it isn't, because there is a fault. Do you have a picture of your exact PSU? It's difficult to spot something wrong with yours on someone else's... Any picture of the bottom of the board would be useful for spotting cold joints too...

Comment

Here are pictures. i zoomed on last picture one zener diode that i think is on 15V line. But I realy need SM for this PSU
              Zener is bottom right looking at TOP . I cant read the vaule ...
              Attached Files

Comment

Does the 12V vary too by a similar amount, or is it steady?

Comment

12V is steady, but 15V overshoots to 24V for 0.5 Sseconds, then it stabilizes at 17.4V.
                  Last edited by mijatovic86; 09-12-2012, 01:49 AM.

Comment

OK, can you try resoldering all the legs of the capacitors which connect to 15V and see if that sorts it. If you can take a picture without flash that would make it easier to see traces - try taking PSU outside on a sunny day or on a window ledge, as the natural light works better than the flash for PCBs.

Comment

I tried supplying 3.3V from StdBy direct behind 43 pin of CXA3785R behind resistor and when it plug it in, it powers on , green led is shining, when i try to switch channels green led blinks, i shut it down on remote, power it up and it responds, but no LAMPS are lit, no picture.
                      I have 24V on Lamp board, but probably it does not get some enable signal to power on lamps.
                      So definitely there is something about that X Protect signal, but something more .

I still dont get how the main CPU expects from various IC to report faults when it keeps Vdd off. So there is no Logic supply 3v3.

p.s.
                      Now i remove 3v3 from stdby and it wont go to red blinks any more... it stays green led, black screen so that is a new problem

Comment

I'm thinking that the overshooting 15V could be your problem. Error 8 is AUDIO ERROR. I have got the SM for this TV including schematics if you are interested, I will upload it shortly. It could also be a faulty audio amplifier. I just fixed a 50" NEC Plasma where an audio amp which was faulty was causing the TV to shut down. Is the fuse F7201 OK? Should be 5A.

Comment

It is back in previous state. 8 x blinks red.
                          Audio amp is coming soon, already ordered so i will try...
                          Btw it will be painful to replace 56pin smd ic. Any suggestion on that subject ?
                          I have Sm and datasheets no need for uploading. Fuse is ok , that audio amp gets its Vcc (17.4).
                          It would be nice if you got PSU shematics, for G2 board, not IP1 and IP2.

Comment

I think I got the same manual with only IP1/IP2...

Comment

Replaced the Audio AMP, and still nothing.
                              Even now i have more headache Cuz guys that did the rework (since i dont have a decent station) f***up
                              I am missing 1 small ic RRS100N03FPFTB1 (Q1003), but i did not see that at first.
                              Now i have a blown fuse F1000 on Reg12V... dont even know if BD9540EFV is alive

Comment

Hello to everyone
                                After a long time a gave a new shot at this TV
                                I got a new main board, that is for 40w5500, attached it and now it blinks 14 times ...
                                That makes me very very sad
                                Now, i think the problem is with LVDS signals from tcon board, because main board for 40W5500 works with panel LTY400HF05-002 and TCON board is Samsung LJ94-02782B.
                                37W5500 works with panel T370HW03 V.4 and TCON board is Sony A-1741-331-A BT4 (from manufacturer AUO 55.37T05.C07)...

Does anyone knows where can i find documentation from both TCON boards and can it be modified to work with this board ?

The TV starts in green led, but after 10 seconds it goes to blinking red, 14 times, that indicates T-Con Error, if I remove CN1301, that goes from main board to Balancer board, the screen is illuminated, and it is gray, so all the lamps are working fine, so is the Balancer board. On that connector from mine balancer there are 3 wires on 8 pin connector (INV_error, Backlight and Dimmer PWM).
                                Inv error is 0V in ON state, and goes to 1.92V in state with red LED (std by).
                                Backlight is 0.05V in ON state.
                                Dimmer PWM is 2.3V in On state.

Or maybe the board can be flashed with software for 37W5500 ?

And can mods change the topic to 14 times blink
                                Last edited by mijatovic86; 09-12-2013, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Hi mijatovic86,
                                  Sorry to relive this old post but I have the same problem with my 46W5500. 8 blinks after a storm lightning near my house.
                                  Switched the power board with another one and I've the same 8 blinks. Now I think it's the main board which is faulty.
                                  Did you succed in repair yours?
                                  Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                  X