Fixing a DAC-19M005 Power Supply - check my DX:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fixing a DAC-19M005 Power Supply - check my DX:

After opening with XP and copying the file to the Win 7 computer, I was able to print the diagram using the snipping tool in accessories folder of the Win 7 computer.
    Its amazing I learn something new every day
    Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

I´m glad to hear about it. I hope this schematics help you guys (and me too) understanding and fixing this faulty boards.
      Thanks.

Comment

Here's where I'm at.
        Before the schematic was available, I removed the controller to see if the pad of pin 13 that was going to ground or there was a problem with the controller. After I looked at the schematic it obvious that pin 13 is tied to ground. I substituted another controller when I reinstalled it. There was no change the power supply would still shut down.
        I have tried to separate the circuit to see if I could get an idea on an area to concentrate on.
        Removing resistor R206 that is tied to pin 9 of the controller made no difference, The PS shut down.
        Next I removed R208 and D216 from circuit at that time the 5v and 13v does not shut down.
        I have checked all the Q items and d216 for a shorted condition and I am not finding any.
        Any ideas on thing to do or check next?
        Attached Files
        Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

I´m having same experience. Recapped all the caps, changed Q206 and Q205, replaced F200 (although it was ok. I did it a continuity test. Why you guys do a GND-ONE TO OTHER SIDE test?) Replaced Q204 (it was burnt), Q208 (Not neccesary but I ordered them too), R210 and R206 (they were ok too)
          All fuses seem to be ok (continuity test), I have 5V and 13,8 V at logic board connector (CN5).
          All jumpers ( 0 SMD) are ok.
          And I get video but no backlights,when I turn it on, backlights are flashing for a while (less than 1 second) and that´s all.They keep on flashing from time to time, when I press any key on the frontal pannel.I have green and orange led working too.
          I can hardly see the Menu Screen when pressing the Menu key, but that´s all.
          I want to test pin 9 of the U200 and see what vcc is on it, but I need to dissambling the 2 boards and turn them back to do it ( or solder an little wire on that pin).
          Should I test all the Diodes (Q201,Q203,Q204 and Q208)and resistences close to the 4 transistors?
          Any idea?
          By the way,sorry for my English if I made mistakes.
          Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

From the way you describe your problem I am wondering if the backlight on signal is coming and going, to start, I would check it at the logic board connector, if that stays constant check and see what voltage is at pin 10 of the inverter controller

Comment

At the logic board connector I get
              5 V pin ---5 V
              13.8 pin ---15 v

At pin 10 of the inverter controller ---- 4,8--4,9 V . It goes up and down ( maybe my pulse ) but not more than 4,9 v

Thanks
              Last edited by blackrider1; 05-21-2011, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Pin 6 of the controller looks like it's the on/off pin, what is the voltage do you get on it?

Comment

Pin 6 --1,48V, a few seconds afters powering the monitor on.
                  According to the datasheet of the IC inverter, is ok, I think

Comment

1,48V when green power led, with no pc connection and goes down to 0V when orange power led

Comment

The power staying steady, With the back lamps flashing have me scratching my head!
                      Can you see if all the lamps are flashing or if it’s just one pair? It would probably best if you had some CCFLs that are not inside a panel

Comment

An interesting thing:
                        To check what lamp flashes, I turned off the lights in the room, and now, i can´t see anything flashing. After checking if I moved something or not, I realized that is not a flashing backlight, : It is the change of luminosity of the panel, when off ( completly dark) and when on ( a little more gray) This change of tonality look like a small and short flash but you can see that just with light in the room, not in the dark.
                        So, no backlights at all. Sorry for this mistake.

Comment

The very common failures of this board were capacitors, 2 Mosfets on the front of the board and the inverter fuse. Have you done anything with those?

Comment

Yes (#84):
                            "Recapped all the caps, changed Q206 and Q205, replaced F200 (although it was ok. I did it a continuity test. Why you guys do a GND-ONE TO OTHER SIDE test?) Replaced Q204 (it was burnt), Q208 (Not neccesary but I ordered them too), R210 and R206 (they were ok too)
                            All fuses seem to be ok (continuity test), I have 5V and 13,8 V at logic board connector (CN5).
                            All jumpers ( 0 SMD) are ok. "

That´s all I´ve changed.
                            Remember that my board hadn´t any blown fuse, just Q204 lokked like burnt.

Comment

Well, finally I got it working. According to the DAC-19M005 datasheet, I decided to follow the line from 16,5 V to the backlights transformer (from F200 ahead), and replaced Q204 (it was burnt, as you can see in the first picture),Q201,Q203 and Q208 ( Q203 and Q208 were okay but I replaced them too).
                              And Q200,Q202 ,ZD200 (weird meassures when testing),Q207 and D216 (They were okay too).
                              And finally, not necccesary but I did it, Q209 and Q210.
                              And now, it´s working.

PS: I replaced for the first time all caps (2 bulged and others),Q205 and Q206and ,although they were okay, F200,R210 and R206.
                              Thanks
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by blackrider1 View Post
                                Well, finally I got it working. According to the DAC-19M005 datasheet, I decided to follow the line from 16,5 V to the backlights transformer (from F200 ahead), and replaced Q204 (it was burnt, as you can see in the first picture),Q201,Q203 and Q208 ( Q203 and Q208 were okay but I replaced them too).
                                And Q200,Q202 ,ZD200 (weird meassures when testing),Q207 and D216 (They were okay too).
                                And finally, not necccesary but I did it, Q209 and Q210.
                                And now, it´s working.

PS: I replaced for the first time all caps (2 bulged and others),Q205 and Q206and ,although they were okay, F200,R210 and R206.
                                Thanks
                                I have success to report also. I replaced Q201 Q203 Q204 and Q208,And this solved the problem.
                                None of these components Showed up as a short when they were tested.
                                I'm definitely not to try to analyze the inverter circuit, but I am wondering if one of the transistors or FETs was holding the circuit on to long causing a problem.
                                Thanks blackrider 1 for the schematic it did help me to find a problem area.

Comment

Originally posted by alexanna View Post
                                  I have success to report also. I replaced Q201 Q203 Q204 and Q208,And this solved the problem.
                                  None of these components Showed up as a short when they were tested.
                                  I'm definitely not to try to analyze the inverter circuit, but I am wondering if one of the transistors or FETs was holding the circuit on to long causing a problem.
                                  Thanks blackrider 1 for the schematic it did help me to find a problem area.

Good work! I suspect you tested Q201,03,04 and 08 while they were still in circuit? It would be interesting to see how they test out of circuit.

Comment

I´m glad to ear you fixed it too. I got different datas when testing the new ones out of the PCB and when they were soldered to it. That´s because I replaced components that seems to be ok. I had them, so, why not?
                                    I´m sure that one ( or more) of the last I replaced was causing the problem. I kept them, so, I´ll try to test them and find out wich one is wrong.
                                    Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
                                      Good work! I suspect you tested Q201,03,04 and 08 while they were still in circuit? It would be interesting to see how they test out of circuit.
                                      Yes I did measure these when they were in circuit, when I removed them from the board I used a pair of side cutters to cut the leads so there is no way I can measure now.
                                      I wonder if this inverter circuit is similar to the royal oscillator we see in some of the Dells, and one half of it was staying on to long causing excessive amperage?
                                      Maybe if PlainBill has some time he could give some idea what may have happened.
                                      Here are the Digi-Key part numbers I used
                                      MMBT4403-TPCT-ND
                                      MMBT4401TPMSCT-ND
                                      568-1369-1-ND

Comment

Originally posted by alexanna View Post
                                        Yes I did measure these when they were in circuit, when I removed them from the board I used a pair of side cutters to cut the leads so there is no way I can measure now.
                                        I wonder if this inverter circuit is similar to the royal oscillator we see in some of the Dells, and one half of it was staying on to long causing excessive amperage?
                                        Maybe if PlainBill has some time he could give some idea what may have happened.
                                        Here are the Digi-Key part numbers I used
                                        MMBT4403-TPCT-ND
                                        MMBT4401TPMSCT-ND
                                        568-1369-1-ND
                                        I'll have to look into it further, but at first glance it's not a Royer oscillator. At first guess, I'd suspect some sort of parasitic oscillations that weren't damped because the filter caps were bad.

PlainBill
                                        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

whare can ge a parts list

Comment

Working...
                                          X